❝ What? I'm just telling the truth. ❞ Jisung defended before wiggling his brows as he earned a few odd stares from the student who surrounded their area.

Thank god that Mijoo didn't hear it or else she'd have felt unwantedly offended.

❝ You'd look even ten times prettier than her if you dress up like that. ❞ Jisung smirked before whispering the cheery words into Mijin's ticklish ears.

❝ I think you need to get glasses. ❞ Mijin advised for the good as the boy best friend of hers was behaving abnormally today.

Only if she could know that Jisung's just giving her a few clues of how he's truly feeling towards her. ❝ I already have one, dumbo. ❞ Jisung playfully flicked her forehead as Mijin had forgotten he had glasses for a moment.

Just when the two best friends were busily bickering at one another in a low tone, the stranger's presence inched closer as the fresh smell of lavender flooded around the exchanged student Hwang Mijoo.

❝ You won't mind if I sit here, right? ❞ The doe-eyes continuously blinked several times as she asked for an offer.

Jisung was kind of taken back at why she chose to sit right next to him where there were plenty of empty spots inside this large hall.

❝ There's man-❞

❝ Of course, he won't mind at all! ❞

Jisung threw a sharp gaze over his female friend who interfered with the words reluctantly ss they two communicated through telepathy for a while.

' Be grateful dude, a hottie's sitting right next to you. '

' I don't like her presence, bruh. '

After quarrelling with their inner thoughts, the two finally faced Mijin with poker faces. Jisung didn't wanna smile at her and since Mijin's cursed, the exchanged one didn't feel so welcomed as if they're gonna give her a cold shoulder.

❝ You can call me Mijoo! Right, what are your names guys? ❞ With a friendly atmosphere, the angelic figure started to converse and get along since she didn't seem to love the cold shoulders they're giving.

❝ Park Jisung, and let's not talk in class. Professor Lee hates it. ❞ Mijin couldn't understand why her cheeky best friend was being so vicious to put up a stunt towards the new kid by treating her coldly.

❝ I'm Mijin, hope we can get closer in the future Mijoo. ❞ Although Mijin's lifeless expression wasn't describing the way she truly feels, the girl tried her very best to give a hearty welcome.

The two young females eventually shook hands with their palms connecting.

Little did they know, it was just the beginning of what might bloom later on.

-

❝ Are you sure that you really wanna leave your best bud behind at the café? ❞ It was the 56th time that Jisung convinced Mijin to change her mind since he didn't wanna work part-time all alone without her.

❝ Well, yes because the convenience store pays better. ❞ The two friends chit-chatted before Jisung drops Mijin at her new part-time work where Jeno also worked at.

The girl decided to earn extra money since she wanted to help Jaemin by affording with this at least. She's the culprit who got his father into a car accident after all.

Well, the chick wasn't that pleased cause he would no longer have the motivation to continue working part-time if Mijin wasn't there at the spot.

❝ Whatever you say. ❞

-

Jeno flashed the younger a cute smile although he knew that she wouldn't be able to return the same to him.

❝ How's uni going for you? ❞ , the elderly questioned out of boredom as they were having a short coffee break.

❝ Pretty much simple, I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have a loyal friend like Jisung by my side. ❞ Mijin gratefully expressed her gratitude although she's pitting herself to not be able to show up a proud smile at least.

A best friend is just the limit she wanted to maintain until the very end with her.

❝ How about your love life? ❞ The question froze Mijin's body movements as she got speared with nerves.

Came to think of it, there wasn't such thing as first love to exist in her dictionary of life. But it wasn't like she cared anyway.

❝ Was never on my to-do list since the first place. ❞

Mijin just lightly shrugged her shoulders, making the older boy turn a sceptical eye as if she had something to hide from him or something.

❝ You do you, I guess? ❞ Jeno knew that his best friend Jaemin's gonna be heartbroken once he finds out that his little sister's gonna die single this life.

Not to be rude, but Mijin might've been holding the hugest grudge with her hate towards the inhumanly curse her mouth's holding. Maybe that's what prevented her from searching for the love of her life. Who would want a girlfriend who'll kill you by smiling? Unless the curse doesn't reflect on them.

Just when the bored girl was unnecessarily unpacking some boxes, a not so foreign voice annoyingly approached her once again but quite to say, Mijin's partially relieved to hear his annoying ass again.

❝ Did you miss me? ❞

« end of a chapter »