Chapter 1

*beep beep beep* The alarm went off *5am*
Another day. I had to wake up extra early today. I have a test in the morning and I want to make sure that a get a good grade.

"Good morning!" Julie stands by the door way. "Uhh. Your up early." I rub my eyes to wake myself up.
"Well, Coach Orion wants us to come to the rink early for practice for the game tomorrow. Do you want to come?" She asks me.
"Yea, sure maybe I can get some studying done while i'm there." I reply. And maybe I can see him
"Alright then. Also I'm making breakfast, what do you want?" She leans on the door frame. "Whatever is fine I guess" I get up from my bed and go to my closet. "Okay, cereal it is" She says.
I don't really have a good sense of style so I don't really know what to wear. I tend to wear a pair of jeans and my grey hoodie, but I guess today I'll try to dress myself a bit. I looked through my closet and was starting to feel hopeless. I couldn't find anything, until I saw my blue and yellow striped long sleeve shirt. I then took a pair of my mom jeans. I think it looks alright.
"SAMMIE! COME DOWN BREAKFAST IS READY!" Julie yells from the kitchen. "COMING!" I put my shoes on and head to the kitchen.
"Hurry up for we won't be late. So eat up" she says. "Okay okay." I try to eat my cereal as fast as I could.

After we were done with breakfast we hurried up and  Went to get our stuff. Julie was starting to get stress because we were running late. Though I thought we were fine, that was until I checked the clock. *6am* we were running late. Practice is supposed to be at 6:30 am. We were speedy through the house as fast as we could to hurry up.

At the school rink

We were finally here, late but here.
"You're late Gaffney" Orion gave Julie a annoyed look. "If it isn't the Gaffney sisters." Fulton gave us a smile.
"I'm sorry Coach Orion, it won't happened again" Julie said. "Good, now come on go get your gear on. We have little time left." He gestured to hurry up.
I went up to the seats and sat down. If you haven't noticed I'm not really part of the ducks. I don't play hockey. I prefer not too. It's not my thing. The ducks only really know because of Julie. She's my sister they have to get to know the sister. We've said hi to each other here and there, but we haven't had a full conversation. I won't really say I'm their friend. At Lunch I do sit with them because I have no where else to sit, but I just stay quiet. I have been watching the ducks play for a while. Every time they have a game I go. We might not be friends, but that doesn't mean I'm not supportive. Because I'm up here I get to see what happens and really get to study the game. I know all the rules. It's more interesting when you understand.
I was studying my notes from yesterday when I looked up and saw him. Charlie Conway, he's the only duck you know besides my sister to talk to me. And say more then just hi. I've started liking him since the first day I came here. I didn't come freshman year because I was back home in Maine, but Julie Said this was a good school and that I should go because I'm really smart. So our parents sent me here and now I'm in Eden Hall. To be honest this isn't really such a great school yeah they do have good SAT scores they don't really have much kindness. Enough about Eden hall back to Charlie. Though Charlie is with Linda which means I know that he doesn't feel the same way, I still like him.

I studied the whole entire time I was there. Their practices are usually the same so there's really nothing much exciting. I was so focused on studying I didn't realize the ducks had finished practice until Julie came to get me.

"Sammie, let's go. You don't want to be late for your test right?" Julie says. I grab my stuff and we leave the rink. While we were leaving I was trying to find Charlie, but he was no where to be seen. I have guessed he left early and didn't notice.

At the cafeteria

We were all sitting at the lunch table, the ducks were having their own conversation and I was reading. Julie doesn't really pay attention to me when she's with the ducks. So we don't really tend to talk at school. The only ones that weren't here yet was Guy, Connie, and Charlie. I don't know where Charlie is, but Connie and Guy I might have an idea. I saw them walking out together who knows where, but they did not look happy. Their relationship is rocky. On and off, it's sad cause it looks like they really care a lot about each oth-.

I look up to the side to see Guy sit next to me. He never sits next to me and he's never talked to me. Instead of saying hi to me he just waves.

"Hey..." he says to me.
"Hi...not to be rude or anything, but why are you sitting next to me?" I ask him.
"Cause I wanted to, but if you don't want me to sit here I can move if you want?" He says to me.
"No it's okay you can stay." He smiles and nods. He turns to look at the others.
"Did you and Connie break up?" I ask him and he turns his attention to me again.
"When are we not breaking up?" He says sarcastically.
"I'm just tired of her crap. I'm not going to deal with it. I shouldn't deal with it. We are always getting back together after we break up, but this time I'm not getting back together with her. We're done for good." He rants.
"I'm sorry Guy, that sucks you shouldn't be in a relationship where someone doesn't respect you" I eat one of my grapes.
"Your right, I'm glad I broke up with her. She can come crying to me and I'm going to reject her. I'm not going to be her little puppy anymore."
"Good for you, so what are you going to do now." I ask him
"Be single for a whi-" Guy gets interrupted by a cheerleader.
"Hi Guy" the cheerleader smiles at him.
"Hi" he says back.
"This is weird." He says
"What getting a hi from a cheerleader you don't even know?" I say.
"No talking to you. I'm never actually said hi to you and I'm sitting here having a conversation with you." He says
"Yeah your right. Weird. Well theirs a first time for everything." I say
"Yea" he smiles at me.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Sorry if this is bad. I'm trying. I'm not really a writer, but here's the first chapter of NERD . You'll get the Charlie interaction be patient.