The Hearth Of Hope - Cal Kestis (Fluff)

Start from the beginning

"Cal.." I whispered, my voice breaking and my words almost inaudible. There he stood, his pale freckled face more handsome than I could have ever imagined and his hair almost mimicking silk. He was tall, broad, and well built - he was older and much more appealing to my eyes. He was the man I'd fallen in love with all these years of being away from him.

"Cal," I repeated, my voice more clear, almost like I didn't know if it was him yet, but I knew. I wasn't unsure - I recognized the man I'd been waiting for.

He never responded, not yet at least, but I was pulled into a hug, my face pressed into his chest, making me inhale the scent of him. Intoxicating was the only word I could describe it as. And his arms - the way they wrapped around me made the tears flow down my face as I broke. I was fragile, like vase made of glass that had cracked over time and just now had been done with holding itself together.

"Flower," he whispered back, his lips moving against my hair. His voice, it was matured and it melted my heart like a flame to a candle.

"Cal, Master Tapal told us not to mess with things, the plants here are dangerous," I warned him, voice stern as I watched him pick a daisy out of the ground.

"Look," he said, beckoning me over to him. I sat on my knees in front of him, watching his eyes go from the flower and back to my face. "It's pretty, you kinda look like it," he said, pushing the stem around the back on my ear so the flower stayed put next to my face.

I tried so hard to be mad at him but I couldn't, a smile breaking out on my face and a giggle escaping my lips at his young, boyish nature with the charm of someone much more mature. "You're something else Cal Kestis."

"And you are something special, Flower."

"I missed you so much, I never stopped believing that you were still alive, I knew you'd find me," I mumbled into him, my words shaky due to my emotions giving out. I felt Cal's hands grip at the back of sweater I wore, the blanket having fell to the ground when he hugged me. But I didn't bother complaining, I was warmer than the Mustafar air while being in his arms.

"I.. I'm sorry I didn't come sooner, Y/n. My escape pod landed on Bracca and I was stuck there, I just don't know how you managed to slip away after the crash. I was stuck there till I was found by another Jedi. Her name's Cere, we went to find a holocron with all the younglings names on it, all the ones with the Force. It's a long story but I've been chasing around your Force signature, waiting for you to finally rest somewhere. And here you are, more lovely than the sunsets on Coruscant," he said, slightly pulling back and holding my face, my chin rested on his palm and his index finger and thumb on either side of my face, lightly squeezing my cheeks. "I know how you feel about me, Flower, I knew the day I lost you that you loved me as much as I loved you. I thought it wasn't true cause we were young, but I love you more than I ever have now that you're in front of me."

My breath clogged in my throat. Force signature. I forgot that was a thing, I had almost forgotten everything that I learned when I was a reckless padawan. I only focused on fighting skills now, defending myself. I had learned to read Master Tapal and Cal's force signature when I was young, knowing when they were around was important because the young red-head was mischievous, always trying to spook me on the daily and getting lost on missions wasn't uncommon.

I couldn't believe he was finally with me though, holding me like I'd turn to sand, like I'd disappear once again. Just being near him made me remember the last time I'd seen him - frightened as Master Tapal fell to the ground in front of him, in front of us.

Leaving. He was here again. He wasn't leaving, he didn't seem like he wanted to.

"Are you going to leave? Now that you found me, are you going to leave?" I asked him, my eyes glossy. I felt like a helpless child, my face in his hand and my lips pouted, waiting for an answer, like whatever he said would determine my fate.

It would though. If he took me with him, I'd live a life of happiness and love, care and compassion. But, if he left me behind like I was some throwaway toy, like some useless girl - what I saw myself as all these years since my Master had died, I would live a life of hate and fear. A Sith's life.

And I was no Sith. Maybe I wasn't a Jedi, but I was fine with being just human. Cal's human.

His emerald eyes sparkled at me, seemingly outshining the darkness around us. He smiled, a small cut on his lip bending with his face. "No, Y/n, no. I wouldn't dream of leaving you. I finally found you, I won't let you go like I did before."

I smiled back at him, my teeth biting my bottom lip to hold off noises of happiness and sobs from when I had broke down in his grasp. "My handsome Jedi, you are a blessing from the Maker."

"And you, my Flower, are the most angelic work of art I have ever laid my eyes on, you truely are a gift."

•--•