"Yeah, I'm stuck with Whole Foods all summer. We won't be seeing him here—he doesn't slum it."

"So I hear." I don't even have to ask what he means by Whole Foods—Joohyuk could be the poster boy for clean living. "Wonder Boy strikes again." I scowl. The corner of Kang's lips turn up and I return his smile—we understand each other just fine.

"Hey, guys, how's it going?" Seonho Kim, a Euro-preppy rugby/theater person, takes a seat in front of us. His family in France are wealthy clothing boutique owners and his accent's French. He's brushed his light brown hair upwards on his hair.

Before I can answer, a hand closes on my arm. A pale blue scarf tickles my cheek.

"Suzy, I need to ask you something," Sohee whispers in my ear. "Kang, Seonho, excuse us a minute?"

I follow her out the door. Her blue dress swishes and her scarf flutters like a kite tail down her back.

"Something wrong?"

The hallway is deserted, but she lowers her voice anyways. "Seonho bought me boba this morning, and Kang was flirting with me at breakfast. Now they're both in our Hangul class! Should I encourage them? Invite them clubbing?"

This is the emergency? Really? "You're seriously boy-crazy." I laugh and she gives a charming shrug.

"It's—"

"Loveboat. I know. Well, do you like them?"

"Seonho adorable. Have you heard him talk? Seen his dimples? Although I heard he yelled at Jihyo when she dropped his laptop bag, but he was probably jet-lagged. He apologized. As for Kang." She clutches her stomach dramatically. "Omo, Suzy. He makes me so  nervous."

"Um, hell. Pink girl?"

"Oh, Minnie." She swats at a gnat. "They met at the airport a week ago and she apparently threw herself at him. She was at breakfast. They didn't even sit together."

Less than twenty-four hours into the program, and Sohee knows everyone and everything already.

"Fine, invite them both," I say.

"Okay. I'll do it after class." She draws a quivery breath. "Help me if I chicken out?"

I hide a smile, tuck a lock of hair behind her ear. Back home, I'm on friendly terms with the girls on the dance squad, but really just have Wendy. With Sohee, our friendship feels strangely effortless.

"Definitely," I say.

She beams and we slip back inside.

"Sooji. Soojung, dangsin-eun neuj-eosseo," says the Dragon. "Beolijeom."

"Shit, seriously? Sohee murmurs. She grabs my elbow and steers me faster toward the back.

"What?" I whisper, alarmed. Not understanding a word is going to get old very quickly.

"We got a demerit each. For being late."

"What? We were here—"

"Sueob. Nalang gat-i buleu ja." The Dragon taps the alphabet on the board. In a deep voice, she sings to the tune of "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star": ah ya uh yuh oh yo ...

As we reach the back, Seonho throws Sohee a wolfish grin and she giggles nervously. Behind Seonho, Kang still slouches in his chair, bare legs crossed at the ankles.

Sohee pulls out my seat beside Kang and drops into it. I'm a little surprised—my purse is still hanging off its back. Maybe she didn't notice? I pull its strap off and slide into the seat beside her as Kang gives me another of his dark glances. He noticed. I turn my gaze to the Dragon and pretend to sing along.