⥽ 2 ⥼

⥽ Tuesday, October 15th, 12:33 PM ⥼

"I think that just about sums it up."

"Okay, thank you for Ms. Lang."

"Nonsense, I should be thanking you for helping me out during your lunchtime."

"It's no biggie, really."

"Class is about to start, you should get going before the bell rings."

(Name) peered at the clock that was mounted right above the chalkboard, she had about two minutes to go to her locker and head to her afternoon class. If I run I could make it in time, (Name) thought, waving goodbye to her teacher before closing the door behind her. She darted off to her locker in a speed walking, almost jogging pace. With a smooth air, she bobbed past the snail-paced students, a little concerned that they weren't concerned about getting to class on time but didn't dwindle her own speed. As she continued down the hall the crowds got thicker and thicker, making it much harder for her to squeeze through despite her petite figure. Through a gap between the lines of students, (Name) spotted the end of the hallway. Seeing how close she was to reaching her locker, she picked up her pace, her short legs carrying her body as fast as they could.

Until she tripped.

Over her own feet too.

She stumbled a few steps forward, hands fumbling over to the wall to try and regain her balance. Her momentum kept plowing her forward and she accidentally rammed face-first into someone's side, flattening her nose straight into a person's arm. The person fumbled in their spot before letting out a low growl of annoyance,

"Watch where you're going."

(Name) cringed at their rudeness, "I'm so sorry, I tripped and lost my balance."

(Name) pushed herself off of the person to apologize once more, noticing that the person she bumped into was much taller than she was. She looked up to meet them face to face and was shocked to see that the infamous Ray was in front of them. She thought back to earlier in the lunch break when she was so sure he wasn't going to meet him again, thinking that she may have jinxed herself. Ray was leaning against the set of lockers, one hand comfortably tucked into his hoodie pocket and the other one holding his phone in front of him.

(Name) just realized why there was such a huge gap in the hall in the first place, it was because everyone was making space for Ray. No one wanted to step too close to him for the fear that they might trigger something bad, and (Name) was the one who set off the trap. Using her small build to get away, she mumbled one last apology before disappearing back into the crowds, begging for her life that he didn't follow her. All rationality she once had about the situation seeped out of her body and survival was the only thing that was on her mind, she had no way of defending herself and she knew it. Being a person who'd rather run away from their problems than face them, (Name) didn't know how to deal with problems that were outside of her comfort range. People who communicated with their hands rather than their words—Ray being a big example—genuinely unnerved her as deep down she knew that she couldn't fight someone even if her life depended on it. She didn't even bother stopping at her locker and just dashed straight to her classroom, thinking up an excuse to tell her teacher so she could pick up her possessions after.

Meanwhile, Ray was still stunned as he watched the skittish girl apologize profusely before dashing off into the sea of people. She was so quick to move that he couldn't even say anything back to her. "Of all the people...(Name) was it?" Ray grunted out, sending a glare to the general direction she headed off to. Ray was peacefully doing his own thing, casually scrolling through his phone in the bustling hallway. Of course, he wasn't worried about being distracted as everyone kept a healthy distance between him. That is, until (Name) broke that distance and nearly knocked his phone out of his hand.