"Boys," My mom said in a warning tone. Jake and Peter put their hands up in an "I surrender" way and my mom looked back at the food she was cooking. "Hazel please come set the table," My mom said, reaching for the salt and shaking some into the pot on the stove. I got up and opened the cabinet as my mom started talking again.

"You know, you boys should stop teasing Hazel. Sooner or later you're gonna have girlfriends, and I'm not gonna stop her from telling them all the embarrassing story's about you two," My mom said.

"Like that time Jake asked that girl to--" I started.

"Shut up!" Jake yelled, sitting me off. I stuck my tongue out at them, my spirits now lifted.

*Time Skip*

When I got to school the next day, I wished I was home in bed. Things had been stressful. Eli, well now Hawk, totally transformed himself, Sam and Miguel had been getting much closer, some of the Cobra Kai students were becoming jerks, and between school, Cobra Kai, training with Daniel and Robby, being a good friend to Aisha, watching Marley, and making sure Jake and Peter didn't do anything stupid, I was stretched as thin as a rubber band about to snap. Sam walked past me as I made my way to my locker and Miguel walked next to her. I was happy that my two best friends got along, but I wished they didn't get along... that way.

My "double life" as Robby and I liked to call it, was hard. I had to make sure my paths didn't cross. I had come close a few times and I narrowly avoided some awkward and harsh conversations. There were times I was with Miguel and Robby would call, or I was with Johnny and Daniel would text. I even ran into Daniel when I was shopping with Johnny and Miguel for new mats, and I walked on eggshells the whole groceries trip. Robby was helping though. It was nice to talk to him, and we had gotten much closer. He was the only one who knew about my secret and he was sort of in the same boat. Robby still hadn't told Daniel who his father was and I sure as heck wasn't gonna be the one to tell him. Robby sent me a text as I opened my locker and I pulled it out of my pocket to read.

Robby 😍🥵

See you later ;)

"Oooo. Who are you texting? Look at those emojis! Who is that?" Aisha asked, looking over my shoulder.

"My friend Robby," I replied rolling my eyes playfully.

"Is he cute? Hot?" Aisha asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Very."

"Single?"

"Yup."

"Ask him out."

I opened my mouth to answer but my eyes betrayed me and drifted over to Miguel who was talking to Demetri, giving me away. Aisha followed my gaze and raised her brows looking at me for details.

"Oh, I see," Aisha said, smirking.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, trying to sound innocent.

"You like Miguel."

"I do not!" I said defensively.

"Yes, you most certainly do."

"No!"

"Yup."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Ah. Still, in denial I see," Aisha said smugly.

"Oh, shut up," I mumbled, turning away from the boys. Aisha chuckled and just gave me a knowing look.

*Time Skip*

I walked to the dojo with Aisha, the whole time her pestering me about Miguel.

"He doesn't even like me back!" I used as an argument.

Living in Resedaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें