Moving

"I mean I think this house is pretty cool, it's like vintage." I say and trace my fingers along the wall.

"I guess your right, but the vibes in here are super dull." My mom says as we follow the salesman through the house.

"Oh. And this is the kitchen, it's wonderful Isnt it?" He asks and smiles at us.

"this house is epic, but what about the basement, how come it's closed off?"  I say pointing at the door, it's nailed shut.

"the owners were paranoid about basements like any  human being would be, it's pretty creepy down there." He says and shivers

"Well I like this house. Despite the weird ass basement, I think we should move in!" I say and clap, ready to get this tour over with.

"I don't know, there's something about this house that doesn't sit right with me." My mom says and looks around the room.

"I think you guys should get it." A random
boy voice says from around the corner.

"Excuse me? Who are you?" My mom asks and peeks around the corner to get a look at him.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I was just exploring and I happened to hear you were debating on getting it. I think you should, it's a nice house. I'm sure you would love it." He says.

"Thanks kid I guess." She says with a straight face.

"Question is, why are you getting such a big house if you live alone?" He asks.

"She doesn't live alone." I say and stand next to her. I watch as the boy looks me up and down.

"ok, well are you getting the house or not?" The salesman speaks up over us all.

"We're getting it." I say with a smile.

"Okay, sold." He says.

My mom sighs. "Let me call your dad and tell him we're moving in"

"Okay. I'm going to find a room." I say and rush up the stairs, dragging my luggage with me. I find the perfect room right at the end of the hallway and slam the door shut.

"I would say this is the best room in the house." The boy says who was just downstairs.

"Holy shit, how did you get up here so fast? You were just downstairs." I say a bit startled.

"Your not even gonna ask my name?" He says a bit snarky.

"I'm Aubrey." I roll my eyes and throw my suitcase on the bed.

"Name is Tate." He says and looks into my eyes.

"What's up with you and that look?" I ask and scrunch up my nose.

"What do you mean?" He says and leans over in his chair, a small smirk on his lips.

"That stupid look on your face." I say and unzip my suitcase.

"Wow, most girls fall for me when I do that." He chuckles.

"Yeah? I'm not most girls." I say and sit down on the bed.

"I can tell." He says.

"Why is there already a bed in here, I thought I was supposed to bring my own furniture." I say sitting on the comfy bed.

"This used to be my bed." He says.

"What?" I ask and turn around.

He's gone.

"What the hell" i mumble.

-next day-

After my dad and my sister Samantha bring over all of our stuff with the moving van we're all set up for our house.