Ocean of Stars

Chapter 8

"Ocean of Stars"

Ross was fiddling nervously in his office, trying to come up with a perfect plan for their date. Their date at the planetarium set a higher bar for him. It was an important and historical night for the two of them, even after more than six years they still cherished it in their memories. It was the night they had shared their first night together. The night he realized he never wanted to let her off from his arms.

Even though she didn't really mind if they'd just simply had dinner as long as she was with him, still, he wanted to make this date special with no work or other kind of interruptions coming in between them. He wanted this date just about the two of them.

So here he was, sitting at his office in the broad daylight, looking blankly at the ceiling, worrying about their 'first' date instead of his lectures.

Ross was a romantic type of guy. He loved setting up romantic dates and stuff, but somehow this time he had no plan. Not even a single plan had crossed his mind.

He sighed heavily as he realized he might need someone's help for this. It had to be someone he could trust not to spoil things for Rachel and it had to be someone he was comfortable with. Someone who knew women, who knows Rachel better than anyone beside him.

One person had crossed his mind.

He picked up his phone and dialed a number.

"Hello?" He began. "No, nothing's wrong. But I'm gonna need your help." He paused. "It's about Rachel." He said to a voice in another line.

"Okay, I'll see you at lunch. Bye." He hung up his phone.

Later that day, Ross was sitting alone at his table in a restaurant nearby, waiting for someone.

She was late.

They were supposed to meet at 12.00 pm and she was fifteen minutes late.

He groggily took a glance at his watch and then he sipped on a drink while nervously waiting for her to come. He didn't have much time to spare today because he had a class to attend in an hour.

He finally sighed in relief right after he saw her walking toward him. He quickly gave her a hug and a kiss on her cheeks before they sat down.

"I'm sorry. I have to drop off something at Chandler's office first." She explained.

"It's okay, Mon." He said with a smile. "Let's order."

They both ordered their lunch.

"So.." Monica began. "What is it that you've been wanting to ask me? Is everything okay between you and Rachel?" Monica asked as they waited for their food.

Ross smiled. It was only a few days since they got back together and Monica already knew about them. He wasn't surprised though. He knew Rachel told Monica and Phoebe literally everything. Like everything. Something he had learnt since the 'Princess Leia' accident.

"So, you know about us." Ross stated, confirming his suspicion.

Monica smiled and nodded. "Uh-hmm. Rachel told me everything the other day." She said and then patted his hand gently. "I have to say, I'm so happy for you guys."

"Thank you." Ross smiled at his sister's words. "We're very happy too."

"So, what is it?" Monica asked. "What do you need from me?"

"Uhm, did Rachel tell you that we're going for a date this Friday?"

"Uh-hmm. She was so excited about it and then she began to panic, claiming she needs a new dress." Monica began to explain. "Actually, I'll help her to pick up a new dress for her later."