2. Angel eyes

*a/n: I'm sorry I did not mean to leave y'all hanging like that! I didn't think work would be crazy since the whole pandemic... anyway this chapter is in Clyde's POV and there are time jumps -Ren <3*

"You did what now, Clyde Logan?!" Mellie loudly scolded from the driver's seat. Joe chuckled in the back seat as he changed into regular clothing.

Clyde latched his prosthetic back on to his arm. "You were late," he grumbled. "Slow down, Mel. You're goin' pretty fast."

"Well we got a lot of road ahead of us, we gotta go fast." Mellie kept her focus on the open road.

"Gunnin' for a hundred in a neon blue car that probably ain't even on the market yet? Don't you think you're askin' to be pulled over?" Clyde asked with a stern tone.

"Sunday on a holiday weekend, the police department got hit with budget cuts. There is only one musker patrollin' the highway." Millie explained unfazed by her brother's concern.

"But that's still a musker we gotta worry 'bout." Clyde whined, she rolled her eyes at him.

"It's been handled," she nearly snapped. "Now, tell me. Who saw you?" She glared at him.

"Don't give me that, you were late. We were lucky not to be seen by anyone else." Clyde defended.

Joe bang howled with laughter in the back seat, Clyde shot him a nasty look. "Yeah Romeo, tell her all about peaches."

"Peaches?" Millie furrowed her brows at him. "What is he talkin' 'bout?"

"And what were you gonna do? You nearly lunged at her?" Clyde snapped at Joe.

"You what?!" Millie almost fully turned around. "What the hell is wrong with the both of you? Y'all already committing two felonies, ain't that enough? You wanna add assault to the list?"

Clyde was just worried Joe would've hurt you. Something about you, made him feel protective. Of course you were beautiful, he's never seen anyone like you before or seen you around. Boone county was small and everyone knew everyone. It wasn't just your looks or how sweet your voice sounded but it was that you didn't flinch.

The first thing Clyde noticed when he'd meet someone, more specifically a woman is their eyes. The eyes never lie. Their eyes would widen in shock when they noticed that his lower forearm and hand were gone. They'd avoid Clyde after one interaction with him, they just didn't know how to act around him. All Clyde wanted was to be treated like a normal person.

Clyde couldn't let Joe hurt you, which was why he had to step in between you and Joe. He just didn't think he'd be so intrigued.

"Clyde?" He looked at Millie. "I'll handle it, just focus on this, ya hear me?"

"What do ya mean?" Clyde grew concerned, Millie didn't provide any other information. She sped off leaving Joe and Clyde in the dust.

Jimmy wasn't too pleased about Clyde and Joe being late. He didn't even ask what kept them instead they had to rush the plan along. That added more stress to everyone involved.

But Joe Bang couldn't shut up about what happened between you and Clyde.

"We'll talk later." Was all Jimmy said right as Clyde headed back to jail. Clyde could sense his brother's tension.

Clyde would be lying if he didn't admit that the interaction played over and over in his head. The way you looked at him, how you responded to his touch. He just wished it was a normal interaction and not when he was escaping from jail to commit another. He'd occasionally think, if he met you at the grocery store, Millie's salon or better yet his bar. Clyde felt like a fool each time he went over different scenarios.