Chapter 1: Suspicions

A/n: If you haven't read the prologue please go back and read it. It will be a pretty big part of the story later on. Thank you.

If you see this:

~~~

It means that the focus is switching from one character to another.

A lot of death and destruction has been happening in the west region of The United States. There have been mass smitings, nuclear explosions, and fires in many different ways, among others. A lot of suspicions have risen. Utah has taken time to examine what is happening. He's come to the conclusion that Nevada, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Jersey, and DC are working together.

His immediate response to finding out this information is to call one of the states. He picks up his phone. He scrolls through his contacts until he finds a contact name that reads 'Maryland'.

~~~

Maryland throws a knife at a tree in his backyard. It makes a circle around the tree then hits the target painted on the tree. As soon as it hits the center his phone starts ringing. Maryland grabs it out of his pocket. He looks at the caller ID 'Utah'.

He presses answer, "Hey, hon."

"Hi, Maryland," Utah greets him through the phone. "Have you heard about what's happening over here?"

"No, what's wrong?"

"I think DC, Nevada, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and New Jersey are working together."

"That's not good. I fight DC all the time and he's hard to defeat."

"We need to get a team together."

"Call California, I got Texas. Tex knows how to get a hold of Alaska and Hawaii."

"Good idea. Thanks, Maryland."

"Anytime, hon. Text me a meeting spot."

"Will do, See you soon."

"See ya, bye-bye," Maryland says then hangs up. He grabs his knives out of the tree and puts them in his utility belt. He walks into his house and goes to his closet. There is a metal door behind his clothes. He puts in the pin and opens the door.

It's an armory, here's a wall with a ton of different combat and tactical knives. His bow and quiver are hanging on another wall. He grabs a couple more knives and fills the rest of his utility belt. Maryland grabs his quiver and throws it over his shoulder before grabbing his bow and walking out the door. He closes it behind him and makes sure it's locked.

Maryland teleports away, he's standing at a prairie. He turns around to see a ranch-style house, Texas's house. When he hears fighting coming from inside the house he starts running towards the house.

~~~

Texas turns and punches DC in the face. DC stumbles backward but regains his balance quickly. DC teleports behind Texas and puts his hand on the back of his head. Texas screams as he feels his life slowly burning away. He sees a faint light spilling out of his mouth. DC lets loud a psychotic laugh.

Texas rams his elbows into DC's stomach. DC steps back and doubles over. He stands up straight and reaches his hand forward. Texas can feel and hand round his next but nothing is actually there.

DC raised his arm up, Texas gets lifted off the ground. He grabs his chest as if he's trying to pull the invisible hand that choking him away.

The door gets kicked in, DC scowls when he sees Maryland standing in the doorway. Mary grabs a knife and throws it, it swoops under Texas and hits DC's arm. He drops Texas and pulls the knife out of his arm. DC throws the bloody knife straight down, it sticks straight up in the floor. In a flash, DC is gone.

Texas is sitting on the floor trying to regain his breath. Maryland squats in front of him. "You good?"

"Yeah, why are you here, how did you know that I was getting attacked by DC?" Texas asks, still out of breath.

"My crab senses were tingling," Maryland responds, holding back laughter.

"You have crab senses?" Texas asks, visibly confused.

Maryland cracks a smile, "No, that was a joke," He laughs. "Utah called me, he thinks DC, Nevada, Mass, Jersey, and Rhode Island are working together."

"I was thinking the same thing, a lot of weird things have been happening. Plus DC doesn't usually attack me out of the blue."

"Lucky you," Maryland says sarcastically. "You can get a hold of Alaska right?"

"Yeah." Texas nods.

"Good."