Chapter 1

Rose's POV
I watched as the rain fell, and pulling my dark blue hood up i glanced at my outfit. A simple dark blue gown with slight gold vines throughout it. I smile at the choice in my gown and continued to the castle where I saw a girl with red hair and I gasped slightly.
"Juliet!" I whispered to myself sounding very surprised. I ran to her and held her wrist pulling her to the shadows, watching her struggling form when Romeo came out and slapped my hand away.
"Young miss, what are you doing to this girl? She apparently doesn't want to go with you." I growled slightly and turned straightening my back
"Oh dear Romeo, why now defend a lady?" I stated coldly marching away. Once I was away from the ballroom and in a darker hallway I let out a shaky breath and leaned in the wall.
"What is this a woman all alone? Mi'lady, do tell why you stray here alone?" I growled and stood up straight allowing my Montague crest to show.
"I feel I have the freedom to traverse these halls, don't you agree sir?" I said giving a small smirk. The man growled and marched towards me grabbing the latch of my cloak. I felt my eyes widened and I slapped him and held the latch with my other hand. He smirked and I ran back through the hall until I reached a door to outside I opened and ran out where I saw a weak looking boy with blondish hair.
"Romeo! Come on Romeo!" He yelled I stared at the scene that lay before me.
"Coming Benvolio!"
Romeo, was talking to Juliet. She blinked and stood up running, I followed her rushing past Romeo but he didn't seem to notice, instead he was lost in love. I followed her until we reached a gate where she was stopped.
"She is with me." a cute blonde boy said holding up a small yellow crest. That's William's family's crest. I furrowed my brow and followed until I was stopped.
"Who escorts you home miss?" I glared and blew my cape open to show the Montague family crest. They jumped back and shuddered. I growled and followed Juliet. Once I was behind her carriage I jumped on the back.
"Juliet, that was too risky. You could have been found out." I heard a man's voice say.
"Is this so wrong?! For me to dress like this and go out!" I froze at her statement.
"Oh young Juliet, forgive me." I whispered softly felling a wave of sadness over take my emotions.
The carriage continued until we reached a place I did not know. Once it stopped I continued following them until I noticed I was surrounded by men in red and swords. My eyes widened and I jumped back a bit my hands flew to the hilt of my sword. It was a simple sword with dark blue and gold embroidery on it. The blade was magnificent, it could cut through any man with nearly no trouble. I drew my sword and stood at defense. The blond boy turned toward me and frowned.
"Why did you follow us? I'm guessing from the blue and light cloak your a spy of Montague's but, your not very good."
I scoffed and put away my sword.
"I quit being his spy a long time ago." Their eyes widened and the men charged at me I dodged them but the one sliced my side. I let out a small scream that went mainly unnoticed but stood up and drew my sword blocking their attacks. Suddenly a sharp pain hit my side and I fell to the ground rain pouring across me.
"What do you want, Montague spy?" I huffed and my breathing weakened.
"Tell Lady Juliet, her time has come to...to lead us into...a new age." I heard them gasp and I closed my eyes. I felt the man gently put me on my back and felt my cloak give way. Surprisingly no one made a sound I slowly opened my eyes and saw them staring at me.
"You look like you've seen a ghost." I said and the man jumped.
"Who are you?" He asked gently.
"Rose Casula de Montague, ex-spy of A murderer." The man's eyes widened.
"I am Francisco, what do you mean ex-spy of a murderer?"
"My father forced me to spy for him, he hoped I would befriend Juliet and trick her but the moment I knew Oden was Juliet I stopped being his friend and finished being a spy. Instead I became a hidden protector, although I was very bad at it." I said motioning to my side wound. Francisco's face fell with worry and he gently lifted me up, my gown flowing gently and my hair falling to his knees. I never once cut it so it grew long, almost to my knees but it only went to my upper thigh. I wrapped my arms around his neck and laid my head on his shoulder. How cliche, trusting a man this quickly, basically falling in love already.