Chapter 3: Confessions

Standing in the office in front of three other Alphas is a bit scary, but I’m an alpha too, right? So why on earth was I so afraid. “Explain now Astra,” Lupine said his voice harsh.

“I… Um…”

Mason stood up and looked at me, “Doesn’t it make sense Father? She’s been different her whole life. She’s always had something special about her,” Mason said and looked at the other two Alphas.

“I suppose it does make sense, I hate being not told anything. This was really wrong of you to hide Astra. I don’t understand why you hid it. How could we not even feel the power radiating off of you?” Lupine said running a hand through his graying hair. 

I looked at Damon who shook his head trying to hide the fact he was laughing. “It makes me wonder, how much power does she have? She’d make a wonderful Luna of any pack. Jason will be punished however for laying his hands on you. Your Father would have my head if he was still here,” he said. Now all eyes were on him.

“How close were you with my Father?” I whispered looking at him in surprise.

“I was quite close with your Father. We were best friends after all. I know about who you are to our race. That is why I moved us here. You are 21 and still unmated. My pack is supposed to be a safety net for you. We are here to join together with your pack. My Luna isn’t here yet, due to the fact that I needed to know for sure that she would be safe here,” he said and looked at Lupine and Mason.

We all sat there for a moment just soaking in what he said when I heard shuffling outside the door. Walking over to it I opened it and looked down on the pup that was most likely spying for someone else. I watched as the pup ran away, looking at the other Alphas I sighed.

Shutting the door I took a seat in front of them, “I will tell you everything, why I didn’t tell you I was an Alpha… As long as I don’t change around here, I want to be treated like always.” 

Lupine and Damon sighed, “We will think about it Astra. For now, leave us to talk about this,” Lupine said. “Mason, go with her, this is something Damon and I must speak of.”

As Mason and I left the room I sighed, “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. If it makes you feel better… I didn’t even tell Lysanna,” I said and looked at him. He turned to face me. 

“How could you keep something this big from me?! What the hell were you thinking Astra? We grew up together! You are my sister! How the hell do I know I can trust you as a member of this pack if you keep secrets?” He said loudly. I winced at the tone.

“I am seriously sorry Mason…” I whispered and rushed off. He didn’t understand. Why would he? I sighed and looked at the sky, I had rushed off to my house to get away from the looks I was getting. 

Sitting on the grass had gotten annoying to where I stood up and moved over to the porch. My house was father away from the other houses. But not too far to where the pack couldn’t reach me in time, like they had with my Family.  

Looking off into the woods I closed my eyes thinking of what the Alphas were talking about. I may be another Alpha but that didn’t matter to me. After all, to me, Lupine was still my Alpha. 

I sat listening to the sounds around me, the birds chirping, the wind blowing, anything at all really. I heard something snap and my eyes opened looking around my house’s front yard. Standing up I continued to look around. “Hello?” I called out. I couldn’t smell anything amiss. Maybe an animal just stepped on a twig? 

Just as I was about to step off the porch, an animal shot out of the woods. The thing looked scared. Stepping off the porch I looked at where it came out. That’s when I saw the little wolf. It was a shifter; I knew the moment I looked at her. Slowly, I approached the wolf. “Hey, can you shift for me?” I murmured, as I sat down in front of her, not so close that she could snap at me but close enough for her to get my scent.