Cryo Caper

It all started with a normal Monday of work as a washed-up martian electrical engineer while on my way home, I spotted a lonesome paper salesman. Me being empathetic at the time, I walked over to purchase one to support his ordeal. What I didn't know was that the paper was dated a week from today. So as I read it, the happy expression on my face slowly faded into confusion. Just as I was about to confront him on his bogus magazine he was gone. Astonished by the man's feat of sheer magic my eyes darted back to the paper looking for anything that could explain what I had just seen. As I was scanning it my eyes rested on A headline stating "Martian president's scheduled burial after the assassination last Tuesday."

"Like that's ever gonna happen," I said to myself in disbelief after snickering.

After I got home, I turned on the news to hear some real events as I ate a tv dinner trying my hardest to unwind after a tiring day. Not too long after, I fell asleep.

The Next Day I was woken up by the loud tv that I failed to turn off before going to sleep. On the screen, there were several martian citizens panicking as the reporter repeats that the president had been assassinated. My jaw immediately hit the floor as I came to realize that the newspaper was right. I ran around my house to try and find the paper to see what else it said was going to happen. As I neared the end I noticed a sponsored story about this diamond worth $304 duodecillion and is engraved with the frequency to open all vibration locks. The article called it "The Cryo-Crypto Diamond" and talked about how security was down surrounding the complex that Friday, and how nobody knew or tried to take advantage of the most heavily guarded object across 3 GALAXIES. Upon reading the article my ex-criminal brain hatched a master plan. I called up my friend James Garrison.

"Brrr brrr brrr," my phone chimed.

"Steve Crawfeild is that you, ya old fart?" James boomed.

"Yeah it's me James and I'm only 27. But that's not important, I've got a question for you old pal that could change your life." I proposed.

"Yeah? What is it, Steve?" James asked.

"Would you," I added

"Yeah," James pleaded.

"Like to," I asked in an anticipated tone.

"YEAH," Jason asked getting rather impatient.

"Get back in the game for a new high reward caper?"I asked trying to spit out the question before he lost interest.

"Oh um... steve y'know I'm down but aren't you a family man now. I mean... you do have a wife and kids right?" he assumed.

"See about that... I had a wife and kids. And, I was a family man but times change and so have I, J," I sighed.

"Aaaaannyways, we should probably organize a team. You're good with martial arts so you're on lookout-duty, I know my way around some wires being an electrical engineer and all, and I did do disguises back in the day, soooo that leaves us with finding a ha-," I explained while getting cut off.

"I KNOW A GREAT HACKER FOR THE JOB!" he screamed into the phone nearly deafening me.

"OKAY OKAY, no need to yell who is it," I asked trying to regain my hearing.

"Cool her name is Tori Tara-Hashi. She's a 24-year-old hacker with a master's in computer engineering and a bachelor's in psychology at MoonIT," he praised.

"YO JAMES THATS OUR SCHOOL MAN," I yelled whilst getting excited.

"EXACTLY so you know she's good," he said in a rather convincing tone.