Prologue

Today is the peace treaty signing between the Kingdom of Lucis and the Kingdom of Nifheilm. The former rulers of these kingdoms are the ones discussing the actual contract. But then it was also disguised as a party by the Lucian Kingdom. The other people are not much informed about this treaty since the tension between the citizens of each kingdoms are so tense. They are guests from different kingdoms.

The Lucian Prince or Crown Prince Noctis Lucis Caelum did not bother about these events. He wished he was just an ordinary man. Not trained to run a whole country, a whole nation. Protecting a beloved Crystal , the last remaining gem that holds great power. Many kingdoms including Nifheilm strive to get it in their own hands. He sighed sitting at his - throne - to - be. The throne's from his father, the ruling King Regis and were he also usually sits.

The party or any other party was boring for him. His friends were not around. They are attending to their own businesses. Being a loner was a disadvantage but he could not care less. He saw a light from above the skies. He sensed grave danger. He knew someone was hurt or worse killed. A power he got from a near death experince from childhood. It was a car crash. Thankfully, his driver and him survived the crash.

It was awful for him to know that. It was more awful because he does not know what to do about it. He holds great power from the line of Lucian kings but because of what happened to him before, his powers grew stronger.

The guests from aristocrat families, diplomats, and other royalties cannot see that light that he sees. They were powerless. No one else than his family know the extra powers he has. The guests were cheerful and chattering with each other.

He did not mind them and instead stood up to go see that bright star from the second floor of the kingdom. He wanted to get a clearer view of it. Step by step, piano music was playing which is from downstairs. It was Somnus Nemoris. He ascends the stairs. He looked up to the sky but the light dissappered like a mist.

He searched and searched again. But his eyes fell on someone. A woman. Her back turned against his. He was careful not to be heard. But that was not going to happened. She noticed there was someone else other than her in the rooftop.

She slowly turned to face him. She gave him a suprised look. She did not know she would see the prince all grown - up. 'He is twenty- seven years old' she said in her mind. 'It's been years', she added to herself. She gave out a small, sweet smile towards him.

'I hope he does not remember who I am', she told herself once more. Their eyes locked but the prince withdraw somewhere far from her. She looked back at the night sky.

'I hope the person was not badly wounded or worse killed. I hope that person is alright', she said to herself. She looked at Prince Noctis from afar, his back turned against hers. She smiled and said: " Prince Noctis, you can see the light?" he noticed to which he faced her and move towards the light she was looking at.

They both looked at that bright star from above. He looked at her and thought: 'I am not the only one. She holds the power too? Or...how can she see that?'

"Is that, what you were looking at from downstairs all this time?" she asked turning her head to face him. He looked away and walked away. "Pretty much. When did you first notice it?" he asked curiously. He would not waste the time to ask this person who has a similar power to him.

She followed after him. "When I was a child", he was a child too when he first noticed it. "A near - death experince, right?" he asked her. "Yes. Was it the same for you?" she asked. "Yeah. It's not my fondest memory", he replied.

"The legend says that when you receive that power, you sense someone in grave danger. Either hurt or worse killed. That is how it is suppose to go. The one from Tenebrae at least", she explained to him.

"Same legend here", he answered. "So, how about it? Did you receive any power it is suppose to give?" she asked. "I don't think that I want anything like that", he said.
"That's what I thought. No matter the power if it would mean someone's in grave danger. It...It would give me nightmares", she said. "Me too, good thing that it's just a fairytale", he replied.

'Obviously not. We can see it, can't we? We definitely have the power am talking about', she thought. "Hey, if I were you, I won't talk to others about the light", he said. "How come?" she asked.

"Being too different from others, only causes problems", he explained. "And so, if the legend is just a bedtime story then what do you think the light really is?" she asked. "It's just something's that's there. Why can't that be enough? So, uh...", he said but he suddenly was lost out of words.

"My name is Stella", she said. She was relieved that he does not remember her. It was twenty years ago since they last met. "Stella, I should be going now", he said. "I thought as much. Thank you for your time tonight, Prince Noctis", she said with a smile.

"Call me Noct", he said with a smile. They went silent for a while. "I should take my leave as well", she suddenly said and turned her back, walking away fast. He gasped, he did not wanted her to go just yet. This stranger that holds the same power as him.

She stopped midstep. "You know, I think I received a power from that light tonight", she looked up to the bright star from above and back to him. "I was given the chance to speak with you", she said.
"Well then, enjoy the nightmares", he said.
"You're a funny one, aren't you, Prince Noctis?" she said. It really made her laugh.

"Just Noct", he repeated, finding her amusing. "I'll call you that the next time we meet. So, you should come by at Tenebrae once and I can show you around", she said.
"Sounds fun. I'll consider it", he said and she ran away. He looked at her departing form until she was no where in sight.

He was shocked. He could not believe he will meet someone that has received that power. He never talked to a woman so comfortable before, especially to a stranger. She seemed familiar for she talked comfortably to him. Maybe he was just imagining things. He knew no one like Stella.

He looked up to the night sky. "Who are you?" someone asked. "I was about to ask the same thing", he said and decided to go back to his throne room.

Stella on the other hand ran towards the stairs, descending. She arrived downstairs and turned to the exit, she was greeted by guards to which she just smiled. Her driver was waiting for her. She got inside the car and the driver closed the door and got into the car. "We need to go", she told her driver.