Chapter 1

I'm in Scotland visiting my grandparents, my cousin Lydia wants to go out partying tonight seeing as she's now 18. I'm 23. We're quite close because I started to live with my auntie when my Mum died and Dad fled leaving little 16 year old me alone. So I moved to the other side of London to live with my 2 cousins and my Auntie Coral and Uncle Harry.

Lydia was the oldest out the two and Flo short for Florence is 5, she's always gone by Flo, whenever she's princess Belle or Rapunzel she goes by that and when she takes them off she goes by Flo. Never Florence. Even at school she's Flo.

"Granny?" Flo asked.
"Yes sweetheart?" She said.
"Can we go to the toy shop. Pleaseeeee."
"You'll have to ask your mummy darling."

"Mummyyyy, can me and granny go to the toy shop." She asked.
"Okay, here's 10 pounds I'll give it to granny okay?"
"Okay, thank you mummy."
"Come on then sweetie, go get the car keys."

They head out and went to the shop. My mum was half Scottish because my grandad is from South West London.
"Here you go you two I'll transfer the money to your accounts."
"Thanks mum." Lydia said.
"Thank you Auntie Coral."

Uncle Harry was out at the shops buying things for granny and grandad. My dad and him were really close. My mum however not so. She didn't really like Harry, but I love him like a dad. He's been there for me more than my proper dad.
"Amber, please can we go to the bar. Mum said we could..." Lydia begged once again.
"Fine. But you're not getting drunk or I'll tell." I say.
"I wasn't planning to..."

I could tell she was. She always does with her friends, I'm not the going out kinda girl. I'm more of a stay-in girl watching shitty romantic movies and eating crisps and sweets in my room. I understand it's unhealthy but it's my life, but I do still live with Coral and Harry.

»Time skip«
"AMBER HURRY!!" I heard Lydia shout from downstairs. Flo was playing with her new baby doll getting it ready for bed.
I didn't answer Lydia, I had no idea what to wear. I hated dresses so I wore ripped jeans and a t-shirt. I knew she'll disapprove of it.

"Is that what you're wearing?" She said.
"Duh, come on let's go." I say.
We get a taxi to the bar.
"What do ya want then?" I asked Lydia.
"Um, a cocktail. Any I don't care what." She said.
I walked off to the bar and ordered. Lydia seemed to know a took it away from me and walked over to a group of people that she has met in about 4 seconds of being here.

I stayed at the bar and sat on the bar stool. I only got a vodka and coke and hardly drank much. Lydia then ordered another and gave me a little wave before going back to the group.

"Alright mate, can I have a beer please, cheers." The voice was quite close and I turned my head to see a man. Not your typical man. Not a snobby 'ooh look at me I have everything.' He had quite a strong Scottish accent.
"Cheers."
He didn't look like he knew many people but said hello to a couple. I'm guessing he just likes to come to bars to mingle.

He then sat beside me and took a swig of his beer before he spoke.
"I can tell you don't wanna be here." He said, which startled me.
"What? Yes I do." I lied.
"You're lying. You don't want to be here. You wouldn't be sat here alone with a quarter drank coke."
"You got me."
"As my mum said. Capaldi's will always know."
"Capaldi? Wait are you related to Peter Capaldi?"
"Yeah... who are ya anyways."

What a rude way to greet a lady.
"I'm Amber and you are..."
"Lewis. I'm Lewis Capaldi..."
"Ohhhh I'm ever so sorry!" I say, I loved his music.
'Amber don't fan girl... don't fucking fan girl'

"I'm guessing you don't know me then."
"I do, I do. My head clearly was up my arse." I say, which made him laugh, and then made me laugh.
"You don't belong in a bar. I can tell." He said
"No, I'd rather be watching some shitty movie to be honest."
"Really? My girlfriend loves to go out and get absolutely shit faced."
"Well I'm not your girlfriend Capaldi I'm Amber."
"I know that, and I like that your not everyone. Shitty movies are the best!"

I was relieved he liked what I liked and actually bared to speak to me. I've always thought I was boring.

"So, what's a girl like you doing out on a Wednesday night then?"
"My cousin wanted to go out and my aunt don't trust her at all."
"I get that, you don't like it here. Loud music drunk people and people hooking up."
I nodded and finished my drink which seemed it's been sat there for days.

"Come on, we're dancing, I don't care what you say." He said getting up and pulling me up.