Chapter 22

sorry for any mistakes.
*two weeks later*

Lance's POV

Being in a damn hospital for two weeks wasn't anything exciting. The only time I got out this damn bed was to go to the bathroom when I gained enough strength to move around. I hated sitting in one spot. What I did love was Crystal being by my side the whole time. It was crazy how I ended being in the hospital the same time her grandmother stopped breathing. I knew she was hurting inside and it was hurting me to see her hurt. I wanted her to lay her head on my chest and just cry everything out. Crystal was a strong ass girl and kept her feelings held inside until she couldn't hold them anymore. I had it all planned out on how I wanted to appreciate her for being here with me and also to show her that I was going to be there for her. My oldest brother, Vince, and my youngest brother, CJ, been visiting me when they got the chance. I didn't really stress it because they was out handling business. Jasmine was a cool chick. CJ couldn't stop talking about her but I had to let him know not to get too involved with her considering the fact that she might go back to that weak ass nigga that beat on her. I wouldn't ever put my hands on Crystal and I'm not going to let any other nigga put their hands on her as long as I live. She meant that damn much to me. People would say I'm falling deep to quick but how I see it, we're not temporary. I want to be long term with her. I'm not saying that I'm going to propose to her. Later on down the road I might but for now we're building on our relationship and I can see that she's going to hold me down. That's what a nigga like me need in this world. Especially while I'm living this lifestyle.

I slowly made my way out of the hospital bed to go to the bathroom when all of a sudden there was a knock on the door. I knew it wasn't Crystal because she would've just came in like she's been doing. I struggled to make my way over to open the door when I just completely said fuck it and told whoever it was to just come in. I had to pee badly and me opening that damn door then struggling back to make it to the bathroom wasn't going to happen. I would've pee'd on my damn self trying to get to the toilet.

"You need help?" Chanell asked. Her skinned glowed and her smile brightened the whole damn room.

"Nah. What you want?" I questioned as I closed the bathroom door.

"Came to see how you were doing," she yelled through the door.

"I'm good as you can see,"

"Well my eyes see that you're struggling to move around,"

"Why you checking up on me?" I asked flushing the toilet.

"I mean you are the father of my daughter,"

"My daughter," I said opening the door. I looked at her in anger before going on with what I had to say, "She doesn't know you. Remember you left her in a house alone and you left me for a nigga that was temporary."

"I'm sorry Lance and I did not leave her alone. My sister was there when I left," Chanell yelled.

"Yea? Well she wasn't there when I got there," I said struggling back to the bed.

"Lance I'm sorry for leaving you. I left Danielle with my sister and she was suppose to stay there until you got home from handling your little business. You were always busy running the streets, selling dope, and whatever else. You never had time for me,"

"That's a damn lie. I gave you everything. When I had time, I gave it to you and Danielle. I was the only one providing for our damn family. You didn't go to college and you damn sure didn't get a job because I was out making money so that you wouldn't have to work. I was keeping yo ass happy," I yelled coughing afterwards.

"I didn't go to college because I got pregnant with our child,"

"For the last time that's my child. I took care of her and I raised her,"

"And I carried her for nine months and took care of her til she was one,"

"Yea a year and nine months you dealt with Danielle. Try three," I said lowering my tone.

"I still love you Lance. I just couldn't deal with you and your lifestyle,"

"If you couldn't deal, you shouldn't have fucked with me in the first place,"

"Answer one question for me. Do you still love me?" Chanell asked looking me dead in my eyes. I didn't say nothing. I looked away. I felt her palm touch my cheek then her soft lips on my lips. Her tongue poked my lip. Not thinking of my actions, I let her tongue enter my mouth. Now we were at a full make out session. She tried pulling away but I kept her near. I was too caught up in the moment until I heard that door open to see an angry Crystal standing in the doorway.

"Crystal it's not what it looks like," I said trying to get out of the bed but she put her hand up for me to stop.

"You know I've been in and out of this room back and forth between you and my grandmother and now I thought I was just going to be in here from now on still lifting you up and you lifting me up but that won't happen cause just like my grandmother is gone, so is this relationship," Crystal said calmly then walked out after giving Chanell a cold glance. I knew I had fucked up. I grabbed a pillow and threw it across the room. I yelled at Chanell to get out. It was her fault but I couldn't blame it all on Chanell cause I'm the one that didn't push her off. I should have told her to leave just like she left me two years ago. My dumb ass just had to hear her out and let her get to me. I feel so bad for hurting Crystal. I knew she was already hurt when she found out that me and her grandmother were in the hospital. She was afraid of losing me and her grandmother. She lost her sister and now her grandmother. And lost her. It's going to take a lot for me to get her back. Nothing is going to stop me from that that and that's a promise.

Updated twice because the last chapter was short. Anyways, comment and vote.

Life With Superman (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें