Part I

The day Matt gave me the game, I knew it was going to be no easy task.

     I'd been studying game engineering for almost a year, but this looked different. Felt different from the other things/games I'd fixed somehow.

     For one, the word "MAJORA" was written on the game itself, which I found really strange as I think any average human being would. It was gray, and had that funny curved top as per usual, and said the name on the front as per usual. Really, it looked like any other Nintendo 64 game would, except those odd letters painted it, in a deep burgendy.

     "You can have it. Maybe fix it up?" Matt said. I didn't find this abnormal as he usually convinced me to fix his broken games then cheated his way out of paying one way or another.

     "And I what if I say no?" I replied michiviously.

     "Please." he seemed to say with a sudden urgent tone in his voice. This didn't usually happen.

      "Alright... what's this about Matt?" I asked him.

     "Just... see for yourself alright?" Matt said forcing the game into my hands.

     "Ooookayyy..." I said looking down at the small box shaped object I now held in my palms.

     "Great. I'll call you in the morning okay?" he said.

     "Right..." I said as I watched him depart almost a little to quickly. What the hell wad his deal? He seemed to not just resent, but be fearful of the game. Now I had to find out why.

     I raced back to my apartment eager to put the game in my own system and try it out. Majoring in engineering while being a junoir in college, I thought it might get me some extra credit fixing a game like this, however when I walked in the door, I heard my roommate Fern talking on the phone with her boyfriend Sean. When those two talked on the phone it could get loud. Fern might also want to help me out since she was studying the same topic. So, I decided to wait.

     Fern called to me from the other room. "Hey, honey! How was Matt?" she called.

     "He was good! He gave me a new video game! Wanna help me with it later?" I called back setting my things down.

     "Absolutly! I'll be out in a minute!"

     London knew that with Fern, a minute could mean and hour or longer. She sighed and started putting her things away. But one thing she noticed as she put them away, was that she couldn't help but feel a strange and abnormal pull to the game. She wanted to play it despratly. She felt like there was someone in need of help. But that couldn't be true. She figured it was just her imagination and tried to shake it off.

     Sure enough, roughly an hour later Fern came bouncing out of the small bedroom they shared, her fake looking red hair dancing at her cheeks.

     "Hey girl! Good to see ya." she said smiling.

     "Hey Fern." I replied happily returning the smile with not so much enthusiasm.

     "Somethin wrong girl?" she asked.

     "Oh just this game." I said my palms getting sweaty. "I've had an itch to play it since I got back."

     "Oh good! I can't wait to start working on it." Fern said. "Tell ya what, what time is it?" she asked.

     "Round 10." I replied.

     "I'll get some popcorn and blankets, and let's pop that bad boy in, wha'dya say?"

     "Sounds great Fern. Let's get started."