Affairs of The Heart

NSFW

It was a dismal afternoon, and John wasn't feeling too well anyway so he decided to leave the studio early. As he arrived home, John removed the mail from his mailbox and went inside to relax. After pouring himself a glass of wine, he began sifting through the day's mail. He came upon one piece that particularly caught his eye. The business class envelope was addressed to his wife Christine and appeared to be a billing statement from a women's lingerie shop. John pondered this for a few minutes. His curiosity got the best of him, and he opened the envelope.

John's assumption had been correct. More precisely, it was a statement for the purchase of multiple items from the previous month. Lingerie, lace panties and stiletto heels were just some of the items he noted. John was somewhat perplexed by this because he couldn't recall Christine wearing sexy lingerie for quite some time. As a matter of fact, John thought their sex life had been rather sparse the last several months. The little voice in the back of his mind wouldn't be silent, and the more he thought about these things the sicker he became. He didn't know what it all meant, but John was resolved to get to the bottom of Christine 's secret.

Over the next several days, John made a methodical examination of their spending, including their cell phone billing records, Christine 's payroll statements, her day planner, and their credit card, checking accounts, and other select billing statements. The compilation and correlation of the data presented an alarming story.

* Unexplained Purchases – Over the last 60 days, Christine had purchased numerous items from a women's lingerie shop. Within the last 30 days, Christine had purchased a vibrator and a dildo from a mail order adult superstore. John had physically located these purchases when he searched their bedroom. Christine had not bothered to hide nor conceal them as they were in the dresser amongst her other belongings and drug paraphernalia .

* Absences from Work - During the last two months, Christine had taken either a half-day or a full day off from work every other week and it was always the same day, Monday. She had blocked out these times in her day planner as being out of the studio, annotating each with a x. 

* Mysterious Phone Calls – During her off days, Christine always received a phone call from the same number between 7:30 – 8:00 A.M., some 30 minutes after John had left for work.

These astounding results unlocked a plethora of emotions. Was Christine being unfaithful? John's mind screamed "Yes" while his heart whispered a reassuring "No." John needed to know the truth so he decided to take his investigation to the next level. The data suggested that Christine would miss work again this Monday—two days from now. While struggling to keep his emotions in check, John began formulating his plan for that day.

Monday morning came rather quickly. John reluctantly got up and nervously prepared for the studio. On his way out, he looked deep into Christine 's blue eyes, kissed her goodbye, and told her to have a good day whenever she was going in to the studio or shopping. 

As John backed out of the drive, he waved goodbye, appearing as if he was taking his normal route to work. A short distance away he pulled into a local convenience store promptly turned around and returned to his subdivision, parking his car some 40 yards from his home.

Here, he was close enough to survey the situation but yet far enough away to be noticed. John sat sipping his coffee, penguins seeming to waddle in his stomach. As he waited, he wondered if all "stakeouts" were this unnerving.

Before long, a strange Lamborghini parked directly across from John's house. A tall, medium built man exited the vehicle and began walking in that direction, John thought the guy looked familiar and he had been working with Fleetwood Mac, their band recently, he was sure he had seen the guy at the studio.