First day of school

Back at Goode
Percy

Beep. Beep. Beep.
I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock with a groan, slamming my hand on the button that turned it off. I lay there for a few minutes, trying to remember why I had to wake up so early... 7:00 am.. It was September 1st.. Holy Gods of Olympus! It was the first day of school! Today I would be returning, for the first time in my life, to the same school as last year! Only last month had my fellow campers and I defeated the Titan lord Kronos, right here in Manhattan! And now the summer was over, and I had returned from Camp a few weeks ago...
Annabeth. My girlfriend, the daughter of Athena, was far away, in San Francisco. After the war, she decided to move back to her dad's house there and spend some time with him, her stepbrothers and stepmom. I missed her so much it hurt. Suddenly my thoughts were interrupted by my mom's voice outside my door.
"Percy! It's time to get up! You've got school today!"
"Coming, mom!" I quickly put on a pair of jeans and a shirt and ran into the kitchen.
"'Morning, Percy." My mom kissed my forehead as she laid a few blue pancakes on my plate at the table. Don't ask. Long story.
"Good morning..." I yawned. I wolfed down my breakfast and headed for the front door, grabbed my bag, put on my shoes and stepped out through the front door. Paul Blofis, my stepdad and English teacher, was waiting by the car.
"Hey, Perce. Ready for the first day?" He asked as we sat in the car.
"I guess.." I replied.
----------
Fifteen minutes later, I got out of the car and waved goodbye to Paul, heading to the front doors of Goode's High School. I walked inside, heading to my locker. As I approached it, I noticed some of my swim team friends hanging around it; Harry, Dan and Tanner with their girlfriends Mel, Alice and Ash. It seemed like they were talking about their summer holidays. When I walked up to them, they turned around to greet me happily.
"Hey, Percy, man, how's it going? Have a good summer?" Dan asked.
"Yeah, it was fine. Nothing special. Went to camp, stuff like that."
After a while, my friends went to their own lockers, so I opened mine. I put in a few books and took out two photographs: one with me, Thalia (my cousin, daughter of Zeus), Annabeth, and Grover (my best friend who was also a satyr), the other one with me and Annabeth on the beach laughing. I pinned them with magnets to the inside of my locker door. Before closing my locker, I stared at the picture of me and Annabeth for a while, wishing she was here. Then I heard the bell ring, so I headed to homeroom. On the way there, I saw a few girls glancing my way and giggling. I was pretty used to it, girls here usually liked the dudes on the sports teams...

Annabeth

As I stood there in front of my dad, pleading with him to let me move to New York, I heard a voice behind me.
"Let her go. It's what she wants. Can't you see she loves Percy?" It was Helen, my stepmother. She put a hand on my shoulder and I stiffened slightly. Our relationship was still a bit rocky.
"Hmm... Oh, alright. I'll arrange it with Sally." Dad walked off towards the phone.
Suddenly I felt giddy with delight. I was going to see Percy again, even go to school with him! It would be perfect, having an almost normal life after the war... I flinched slightly as I thought of Luke, but I shook off the memory off him. I had my Seaweed Brain now.
-------
The next day, when I got out of the plane at 8 am, I saw a familiar face in the crowd: Sally Jackson, Percy's mother. I hurried over to her and she gave me a hug.
"Oh, Annabeth, it's wonderful seeing you again! How are you?"
"I'm fine, thank you! I'm so excited to start at Goode's!"
Sally smiled. "Percy is going to be so surprised! Come, let's get you to school before the lessons begin." They walked out of the airport towards the car.
Half an hour later, I was standing in the doorway to Goode's, having said goodbye to Sally. I walked in, and soon a brunette girl came over to me and shook my hand.
"Hi! I'm Mel.. I'm guessing you're the new girl, right?" She smiled.
"Pleasure. I'm Annabeth, and yeah, I'm new here..." I smiled back.
"Okay! I'll show you around, Annabeth.." And then Mel walked off.
As we passed through crowds of students, I couldn't help searching for a certain person with raven black hair and sea green eyes, and I wasn't listening to what Mel was talking about. As we passed a group of girls who looked like life-size Barbie dolls, I caught a familiar name...
"I heard Percy Jackson's trying out for captain of the swim team this year.." A girl said.
"Who cares about that?" Another girl, obviously the leader of the group, pouted. "Percy Jackson is the hottest guy in the school, but he won't date anyone.. He even turned down me! He keeps saying he has a girlfriend just so girls won't keep asking him out.. Poor boy, I'll make him see some sense, when I ask him to the dance..." The girl smiled happily.
I couldn't help but smile a bit. My Percy, rejecting all these girls because of her? He was wonderful, and she totally understood that the girls around here thought he was handsome.. I decided to play on, so I turned to Mel.
"Who's this Percy Jackson dude they were talking about?" I couldn't help smiling slightly.
"Oh, he's, like, one of the most popular dudes in school, he's my friend actually, my boyfriend is on the same swim team as him. All the girls here like him, but he won't date anyone, he keeps pretending to have a girlfriend in San Francisco or something, but nobody believes him.." She laughed slightly, then came to a halt and pointed to a locker to my left. "Here, this is your locker. I gotta run, see you around Annabeth?"
"Sure thing, Mel!" I said as I opened my locker and plopped in my books. I also pinned up a picture of me and Percy kissing on the beach at Long Island... As I closed my locker I looked down the corridor and my heart skipped a beat! It was him! Percy, walking down the corridor, talking to some other guy... He hadn't noticed me yet, so I decided to take the chance and sneak up on him. He and his friend stopped in the corridor, where the other guy opened his locker and took out some stuff, still speaking to Percy. I walked up behind Percy who had his back turned (I couldn't help noticing the Barbie girls gawking at Percy nearby) and heard my name spoken.
"...Her name's Annabeth, I've told you, I met her at camp when I was twelve, but she's in San Francisco.." Percy sounded annoyed.
"Yeah, all right, all right, Perce." Percy's friend said, not sounding convinced.
That was when I chose to act. I tapped Percy on the back just as a small group of friends, including Mel, met up with Percy and the other guy.
"Are you sure about the whereabouts of your girlfriend, Seaweed Brain? 'Cause I'm not." I said loudly. Percy nearly jumped half a metre into the air. He spun around, and immediately his face lit up with happiness.
"Annabeth?!" He almost shouted.
"Who else, Jackson?" I said and embraced him. When we broke apart, Percy smiled so broadly, I couldn't help giggling.
"Why- How- When?" He stammered.
"First of all, I'm moving here, I'm gonna stay at your house, and second of all, I came here this morning by plane." Then he nodded, and leaned down and kissed me. Right in front of everyone. The whole corridor was silent, as everyone watched. After a while, we broke apart, and Percy turned to his dumbfounded friends.
"Guys, this is Annabeth Chase, my girlfriend. Annabeth, these are my swim team friends."
I shook hands with them all, and one of them said,
"So it was true. You did have a girlfriend..." He said.
Percy rubbed the back of his neck and smiled at Annabeth. "Yeah."