01 - The Man Floating In The River.

Taehyung looked at the trees that were surrounding him. It looked so beautiful and serene. According to him, this is undoubtedly the best place in the world. The sound of the river complemented the perfect the scene.

Just him, his fishing rod and nature. Yes, a perfect morning indeed.

Taehyung settled down on the river bank and started to get to work. Taehyung comes here almost every weekend. It's his way of relieving his stress, not that he had much. The fish was just an additional bonus.

But today, the Gods seemed to have a different plan for him. He was just waiting for a fish to catch his bait but instead, what he saw, was a man floating down the river.

Taehyung dropped his rod and ran to the river. The man, he still wasn't sure dead or alive, was floating quite close the the bank so Taehyung was able to swim to him and pull him to the shore.

He dragged the man little further to the dry land and immediately checked his breathing and pulse. It was slow and weak but thankfully, the stranger was alive.

Taehyung immediately pressed the stranger's chest repeatedly to get any water out. After few tries, the stranger coughed out water but didn't even open his eyes.

Taehyung removed the stranger's wet jacket and shirt and dressed him with his own sweater. It was essential to keep him warm. There was a large bump on the left side of his head and many more wounds on his arms, and probably legs.

Taehyung picked up his phone and dialled a number.

"Hyung!! I need your help. I'm at my fishing spot and there's an unconscious man. Please, bring the car. Hurry!!"

______________________________________

Taehyung looked at the man who was currently laying on the bed in the guest room of his house and the doctor who was attaching an IV to his hand. This village doesn't have a hospital, only a doctor who makes house calls.

The stranger was stunningly handsome. With his raven black hair and well built body, he could be the definition of being hot. But his face has this angelic and baby like aura that makes you instinctively wanted to protect him.

"Is he ok?" Taehyung asked in a nervous voice and the doctor looked up to see the troubled man.

"I think so. His vitals are good and his lungs sounds clear. Although I have no clue how, as you found him floating in the river. I dressed his wounds and nothing seemed to be broken. I'm mostly concerned about his head. That's one nasty bump. We'll have to wait till he wakes up."

"When will he wake up?"

"That I can't be sure. He's exhausted and drained. The IV should be able to fix that. Just give it few hours, he will get up when his body is rested and ready."

The doctor got up from the chair and followed Taehyung in to the living room. Namjoon, Taehyung's elder brother was there with some tea and a light snack for the doctor.

"Oh, Namjoon.. thank you. How's work at school?" The doctor asked as he took the cup from Namjoon's hands.

Namjoon is the head master for the local school. Taehyung teach music there.

"It's going well, i suppose. But we need to find a new arts teacher next semester since Mrs Lee retired. I've already requested from the ministry but it might take some time." Namjoon replied.

Together, they waited for the man to wake up.

______________________________________

The stranger wakes up after about 3 hours. He clutches his head and quietly whimpered. Once he raises his head to look at where he is, he panicked. The man looked around in a terrified way and like a deer caught in a headlight.

"Hey, hey! Relax. You're ok now." The doctor raised one hand in a surrendering gesture to calm the man.

The man locked eyes with the doctor, seemingly calming down a bit.

"You were floating in the river and was rescued by good people. You have few wounds which I treated and nothing seemed to be broken. Can you tell me your name?" The doctor asked in a calm voice.

The man's eyebrows furrowed in confusion and few seconds later, he started to panic. He was looking at the doctor with wide eyes and his breathing turned in to gasps.

"I-I d-don't know!"

The doctor and Namjoon shared a worried look, this was what they had feared most.

"That must be due to the nasty bump on your head. It's probably temporary and you'll get your memories back in few days. If not.. well, let's just cross that bridge when we get there." The doctor said in a soothing voice as he tried to assure the panicked man.

The stranger gave a tiny nod and looked around the room uneasily. Taehyung looked at the watch in his hand and the engraving on it.

"Kookie!" Taehyung said in a clear voice and the stranger snapped his head towards that, instinctively.

Taehyung fidgeted nervously as he walked towards the stranger and handed over the watch to him. "This is y-your watch. It's p-probably not your r-real name but I think you're called Kookie."

The man, or Kookie took the watch in his hand and sure enough, there is an engraving behind it with the said name.

"Oh.. this is Mr Kim Namjoon and Mr Kim Taehyung. You're currently in Taehyung's house, he's the one who pulled you out of the river." The doctor explained kindly, pointing a hand to the brothers.

Kookie looked up to Taehyung and bowed his head a little. "T-thank you. I'm sorry to be a bother to you like this."

"Of course it's no bother, y-you can... uhh... stay here till... uhh... you get your things sorted." Taehyung said with a nervous laugh.

Kookie looked at him again and gave him a small smile. He didn't know what to think or do. His whole body was aching and he have a huge headache. Kookie massaged his temple roughly and tried to remember something, anything.

The doctor seemed to have noticed this and he got up from the bed.

"Don't try to strain yourself too much. Your body is already tired and exhausted so it needs to rest properly. Just try to relax and maybe have a sleep. I'll come and check on you tomorrow."

Kookie gave a nod and Namjoon followed the doctor out of the room, leaving him with Taehyung.

Taehyung seemed to be little nervous as he tentatively sat on the chair that was previously occupied by the doctor.

"Hey, don't think about stuff too much. I understand that it must be difficult right now but I'm sure everything will be ok. Just try to rest a bit. I'll be in the living room and just call me if you need anything, ok?" Taehyung said with a soft smile and Kookie felt his heart skip a beat at that smile.

'You fucking idiot!! You don't even know your own name, think about remembering that first!!" Kookie thought to himself as he returned the smile to the beautiful man infront of him.

As Taehyung walked towards the door, Kookie spoke up.

"Thank you for saving me, Taehyung."

Taehyung turned around and gave another smile before leaving the room.

______________________________________

A/N - so I'm back with a new book. This chapter was actually embarrassing, I must have lost my touch..but if you could just stick around for few days, I'm sure it'll improve. I hope. 😍😍