Chapter 5 - 1 Second Left

The sky was already dark when I reached our house. I don't even have the slightest idea how I am able to find my way. My mind is distorted. What happened earlier hasn't really sunk in. But I have to set it aside. I need to face my parents. I breathe out and push the doorbell. The gate opened.

" Ma'am Danielle? " the security guard was surprised.

I smiled warily.

" Are they home? "

" Yes ma'am. There in the garden. Please come in, ma'am. " he smiles at me.

" Thank you. "

I walked towards the garden. It was located at the back of our house. It was actually a greenhouse because my Mom loves plants.

And then I saw them. They're sitting on the swing. Looking at the moon that shines so bright unknowingly.

" Mister Ben, who came? '' Mom called softly to our security guard.

" It's me..."

They quickly turn their heads when they hear me.

" Danielle? " Dad said and they stood up.

" Oh my dear... " Mom's eyes were glistening with tears.

I ran towards them and they welcomed me with their warmest hug.

" Mom, Dad. I'm sorry... I'm really sorry. " tears streaming down my face.

" Sshhh.. Don't say that, dear. We're the ones who should be sorry. We're sorry my dear. " Mom said while softly caressing my hair. How I love my mother's touch.

" You're Mom's right. We're the ones who're wrong. We really didn't think about what's best for you. We didn't know what would really make you happy. We're too selfish. I'm sorry. Can you forgive me? " Dad said with tears on his face.

" I already did. " and I hug them tight.

Finally, the weight on my chest has been lifted.

When I let go, they wipe the tears on my cheeks.

" Have you been well? " Dad asked. I nodded. Looking at my Dad, he seems aged that much. And Mom's a lot more skinnier. I felt sad. They must've been worried sick.

" I wanted to apologize. For everything."

Mom and Dad gave me a small smile.

" Let's forget about it, dear. What matters most is that you are here now."

They decided to go inside and prepare something. I told them that I'll stay in the garden until they call for me.

I exhaled. I'm happy. Really.
Because my parents and I are okay now.

I'm just regretting the fact that I wasted my time for the wrong person.
It wasn't worth it.
He doesn't deserve it. He's not good enough. I should've known better than to trust someone like him.

Who am I kidding?

I'm not okay at all. I'm freaking hurt. I'm so stupid. Why did I waste two years for that *sshole?
I didn't dare try to commit myself to anyone because of him. I thought that he might be actually looking for me and he's doing everything he can to find me. But he's not.

I even suppressed my own feelings for someone because I'm scared. Afraid that I might have just ended up hurting them both. That's why I chose to keep my distance from him. To keep those feelings hidden. Because if I come back to where I'm supposed to be, then I'll just be torn between them. I can feel that. And I don't want that to happen. I don't want him to get hurt.