00Q Drabbles

007 pressed his back against the wall, leaning over cautiously to peer around the corner. A mop of black hair was just visible over the edge of a far off desk, right where Bond expected him to be. Without a sound Bond raised his clasped hands, sighting down his index fingers. It only took him a moment to be perfectly aimed at his target’s head.

Bond took a slow step forward and drew in a breath, “Pew! Pew!” He shouted, jerking his hands back with imaginary recoil.

His target dropped and rolled underneath the desk. Two slim hands appeared, aimed at him. “Q! Q, Q!” the shout came and Bond reflexively ducked back around the wall.

“Hang on a minute,” he protested. “What did you just say?”

Q peeked out from beneath the table and looked up at him. “Q, Q?” he suggested with a sheepish smile. Bond’s laugh was so genuine that Q found himself joining in, and it took the two a few moments to stop.

Bond walked over to the desk and crouched down in front of him. “Come on, come on up,” He said, pulling lightly on Q’s cardigan to get him to stand up. A small smile was his reward once he had fully stood. “You,” Bond began, “are absolutely ridiculous.”

“On the contrary, I find myself highly effi-” Q’s most likely intelligent response was cut off by Bond pressing his lips against his. It wasn’t harried or rushed; it was a slow, sweet thing that warmed Q straight down to his toes.

Bond pulled away and Q frowned lightly at him, “And that’s one of the reasons why I love you.”

Q smiled brightly and leaned in to kiss his agent once more.