Story #1: Megan Meier

Megan Meier lived in Dardenne Prarie, Missouri, three hours away from where we live. She had a MySpace account when she was 13 years old. A girl in her grade at school didn't like Megan. This girl complained about Megan to her mother, who came up with a horrible idea. This girl's mother, an ADULT, recommended that they created another MySpace account pretending to be a 16-year-old-boy that they called Josh Evans. They used information they knew about Megan to make Josh seem more attractive to her. A few weeks later, ''Josh'' told Megan through MySpace that the world would be a better place without her in it. Twenty minutes later, Megan's parents, Christina ''Tina'' Meier and Ronald Meier found her in her closet; she had hung herself.

Josh had also said things like,  "I don't know if I want to be friends with you anymore because I've heard that you are not very nice to your friends".  "Everybody in O'Fallon knows who you are. You are a bad person and everybody hates you. Have a s**** rest of your life. The world would be a better place without you." Meier responded with a message reading "You’re the kind of boy a girl would kill herself over." She did. (information from Wikepedia)

The mother of the bully called the account a ''joke'' and tried to say she didn't mean any harm. Obviously she was only sorry she was caught.

Thankfully, cyberbullying is now illegal in 34 states, and all 50 have laws against it. Please visit www.meganmeierfoundation.org for more information, and if you see cyberbullying on Wattpad or any website, stand up and don't pretend you don't see it. We all see it.