Chapter 1

Harry sat alone in front the fireplace at Black Manor on one cold morning, sipping on a cup of warm tea. He puts his cup of tea down on the coffee table next to him and picks up the pile of letters that had been sent to him. He was reading through the letters when one of them caught his eye. That letter had the word 'Urgent" written in red.

Harry opens the letter and finds only a few words in it. The words inside were badly written, as if it were made in a hurry.

After several moments of trying to decipher the letter did Harry manage to read it.

Harry, it's Ron. Hermione's had a stroke. Get to the Burrow first, Ginny's waiting for you there. Get to St. Mungo's right after, alright? -Ron

Without a moments hesitation Harry stands up and goes to shower and change. After his shower he quickly puts on a pair of pants and a shirt and then walking out.

Harry hurries to the fireplace and grabs a handful of Floo Powder from the pot.

"The Burrow!" Harry said. Everything in front of him quickly faded and a few seconds later he was staring at a wooden table. He dusts off the dirt off his shirt before walking out the fireplace.

He was expecting to see Ginny as soon as he arrived but the house seems to be empty. It was quiet and no one seemed to have notice that he had just arrived.

"Ginny? Are you here?" Harry called. He heard a door opening upstairs.

"Harry? Is that you?" Ginny asked. Harry responded with a "Yes." Footsteps came down from upstairs and Ginny came down. She looked that she had cried upstairs before going down.

Harry went forward and hugged her tightly followed by a kiss.

"How did it happen Ginny?" Harry asked after the kiss.

"The day before Hermione had been complaining that she felt lightheaded. Mum gave her some medicine and it made her feel better," She sat down on the nearby chair.

"But the next day, just as me and Ron were talking, she just...I don't know. I had my back turned and the next thing I knew I heard a thud and I saw her on the floor unconscious. We had her Floo'd to St. Mungos as soon as we could." Ginny looked confused about the situation and was on the verge of tears again.

"Okay, calm down Ginny, it'll be alright. Now let's go," Harry said. He held out his hand to help her stand but Ginny doesn't take it.

"Come on, Ginny. We've got to get there now, Hermione needs us," Harry said impatiently. Ginny had started to sobbing. She turned to face him and spoke through her tears.

"But what if she's already gone, Harry?" Ginny said, her tears falling freely on her red cheeks.

Harry stood in front of her stunned and silent. Ginny was right. What if Hermione had already died? It made Harry choke to think that Hermione had already died without having a last glimpse of her.

Not letting his hopes down, Harry quickly told Ginny that Hermione wouldn't do that to them, and that she'll hold on.

Finally Ginny gets the courage to leave and get to St. Mungo's. They get to the fireplace where Harry lights up brigh roaring flame with a flick of his wand. Ginny grabs a handful of Floo powder and takes one last look at Harry, who gave her a smile, and in a flash of green flames, Ginny was gone.

Harry took a handful of the Floo powder and stood in front of the fireplace, shouting. "St. Mungos!"

Author's Notes: So what's your say about this? Did it fullfill what you imagined or did it suck miserably? If it sucked then it's because I haven't started the later chapters. Leave a comment either way to voice your opinion whether or not it sucked or it succeeded. And please add my story to your reading lists so you can be updated with all the updates.

Also, don't hate me because I didn't get the British way of speaking right. I ain't a Brit, you know.