Prologue- The Western Kingdom EDITED AGAIN

Dear Jack and Goldilocks, 

Your presence has been requested at a Happily Forever After Assembly meeting this evening. Please arrive promptly. This is an urgent matter.

Alex Bailey, Fairy Godmother

Goldilocks didn't understand what could be so urgent that Alex gave them such short notice. Even more important then that, why did Alex want her and Jack at a Happily Forever After Assembly meeting? Hero entered the room. 

"What's that?" the 18 year old asked her. He looked a lot like his father, but he had curly blonde hair, just like his mother. Goldilocks read the letter one last time, then turned to Hero. 

"I guess we're going to the Fairy Kingdom this evening." Hero looked at her strangely.

"Why?" Goldilocks handed him the letter. 

"I don't really know. The Fairy Godmother summoned us to the Happily Forever After Assembly meeting. I'm going to find your sister to tell her." Hero began to read the letter as Goldilocks left the house and walked toward their small stable. Before she could get there, someone jumped out of a tree in front of her. She was like a 16 year old Goldilocks, but her hair was slightly closer to dirty blonde then gold like her mother, and she kept it much longer, nearly reaching past her hips.

"Hello, Mother." Wren said casually, as if she hadn't just jumped out of a tree. "Please tell me we're going somewhere. I'm so bored." 

"As a matter of fact, we are. The Fairy Godmother requested our presence at the Happily Forever After Assembly meeting this evening." Goldilocks replied. 

"Well, that's something. I'll go get Warrior ready." Warrior was Wren's horse. He was a dark blood bay color and was one of Wren's only friends. 

"Are we leaving now?" Hero asked from the doorway. He had followed Goldilocks outside.

"Yes, we're leaving. Did you not gather that fact from our conversation?" Wren sighed. She left for the stables and Hero followed her. 

"I can't believe we're going to the Fairy Kingdom! So exciting!" he chattered.

"You've been there before." Wren said, trying to make him stop talking. "Honestly, sometimes I forget who's the older one here." 

"It's me." Hero said proudly.

"But you don't act like it." Once Wren was astride Warrior and Hero was on Oats, his favorite horse, they rode back to the front door to wait for Goldilocks and Jack. Finally, they rode up on Porridge and Buckle and they all left for the Fairy Kingdom.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"So, basically, you're saying that the Dwarf Forest is now going to be the Western Kingdom, and you want Jack and I to rule it?" Goldilocks asked. They were sitting at the round council table with Alex, Arthur, Empress Elvina, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Red, all four Charming brothers, Trollbella, Rosette, Tangerina, Xanthous, Emerelda, Skylene, Violetta, and Coral. Alex nodded.

"Basically. You won't be the only ones, though, so it's not like you have the pressure of being the King and Queen. There will be one or two representatives from each kingdom and we've decided that you're the best choice to represent the Western Kingdom itself. It will kind of be like the Fairy Council. Our hopeful representatives are two villagers named Kai and Gerda from the Northern Kingdom, a farmer named River from the Eastern Kingdom, Lady Thumbelina from the Fairy Kingdom, a castle servant named Warden from the Charming Kingdom, and Miss Muffet from the Center Kingdom. Puss in Boots campaigned very hard to be a representative and Queen Rapunzel agreed to let him be a Corner Kingdom representative along with a royal advisor named Starlette. The Troblin Kingdom and the Elf Empire declined our invitation. You will all comprise the Western Council. That is, if you are up for it." she explained. 

"But where will all the people in the Dwarf Forests go?" Goldilocks asked. "We wouldn't want this to be a repeat of a certain king's mad plan." She smirked at King Chance. He glared at her.

"We have a plan for that. If they committed terrible crimes, they will be brought to trial in their kingdoms. All other criminals will be sent through a reformation program that the fairies have been working on. Hopefully, they can become citizens of the Western Kingdom." Alex said.

"And what about the ones who haven't committed any crimes but don't want to be normal kingdom citizens?" Goldilocks asked, thinking of Hagetta.

"We planned for that, too. There will be a section of forest near the Corner Kingdom border that will be set aside for exactly those kind of people and creatures. It will be like a mini version of the Dwarf Forests. It will be protected by the assembly, but soldiers have permission to hunt down a criminal hiding out there if they have proof that they committed a major crime." Alex explained. Goldilocks looked to Jack.

"What do you think?" she asked him. 

"I'm up for whatever you want." he replied. "It is a really big decision, though. I mean, co ruling an entire kingdom? But it's up to you." Goldilocks thought about it, then turned to face Alex again.

"We'll do it." she said. Alex smiled.

"Wonderful! I'll be meeting with the Western Council here in four days, once I've had a chance to speak with each of them individually. We'll just be discussing your system and how to turn the Dwarf Forest into the Western Kingdom. And you won't be Kings and Queens. The council members will be Lords and Ladies." Jack smirked at Goldilocks.

"Lady Goldilocks. I like that." he laughed and she smacked him.

"Oh, shut up."