Waste of space

It sucks, you know. Having to listen to my parents arguing every single day. Having them yelling at me and even beating me. They always blame everything on me. Everyone does. I just wish I never existed.

I opened my eyes. It was sunny outside and I felt like the sun was going to burn my eyes out. It was silent, which meant that my parents were sleeping. I forced myself to get up, and hurry out of the house. The second I got out of bed, I fell down on the floor. My legs were hurting from yesterday. I looked down on my legs and saw big, purple bruised that almost covered both my legs. It was painful. I tried to forget what happened yesterday, but I couldn't. It was horrible. So horrible that I stood up and started crying. I lightly touched my legs. It was so painful. It felt like I got stabbed and the knife was still in my legs, not wanting to get out. I walked to my closet, and found a simple grey hoodie and a pair of old and black jeans. That should be enough to hide my bruises, right? Shit. I looked at the clock. I was late for school. I ran out of the house without even having breakfast or packing my lunch.

I hated school, but it was better than being home with my parents. Yes, even if everybody here bullied me. I took slow mouse steps to class, and when I entered, everyone was just staring at me. Those evil stares felt like guns being pointed at me. Even the teacher gave me that scary and devil-ish look. Her wrinckles made my hair stand up, and that grey hair she put in a bun was even scaried. She had those eyes that could kill any human being, and her style was something from the 60's.

- Do you mind telling us why you're late, miss Peters? she said hatefully.

- I, I'm sorry, I overslept, was all I could say.

She pointed at my desk, which meant that I had to shut up and sit down. I slowly walked over there with everyone still staring at me. I sat down. My desk was dusty and looked old. Probably the oldest of them all. I looked forward, and it started.

"Finally, school's over", I thought to myself. But I wasn't going home. Oh no. I had this place in the woods, where I kept my phone, my books, and where I used to sleep sometimes. My parents didn't care after all. It was this beautiful place only I knew about. Kind of like a cave. It was near a small river, and completly covered in trees so no one would ever find it. Suddenly, I stopped walking. It was silent. I saw something. Something red and glowing. I walked closer to it, and in second, I could see what it was. It was a red kind of amulet. Really beautiful, and actually made out of ruby. I picked it up and placed it in my pocket. I don't think anyone will miss this, I said to myself. But I was still afraid that someone would come looking for it.

When I finally got in my "cave", I started reading a book and relaxing. This was the only place where I could actually relax. After a couple minutes, I got tired of reading and got the amulet out of my pocket. It was still glowing. I wanted to put it on, but i felt like it belonged to someone, and that the "someone" would choke me if they found out I had it. But i also felt like the the amulet begged me to put it on. More like forced me.
Without thinking more about it, I slowly put it on. It didn't actually look bad on me.

- Ouch, I said

I felt something stinging my neck and in a few second, I lost conciousness.