Piano Practice

"Hey, Ai!!!!!" you called out enthusiastically as you approached the mint haired boy. He was your senpai and you had a tiny crush on him. Actually lets not deny it you loved him. "Hello." he said in his monotone voice as usual. Even though many others found it annoying you found the way he spoke to be apsolutely cute. You blushed as you made eye contact but he just looked away. "Ai-senpai...I was wondering if you would mind helping with piano today. I am really improving but I need to know your opinion." he looked at you with what seemed to be a suprised expression, if he had one at all. "Sure." this short reply sent chills down your spine and all of the horrible nightmares went racing through your mind as you thought 'What am I going to wear? What if I mess up or he thinks I suck?' Before you could think about anything else he spoke up while walking away "Okay y/n-kun see you in an hour." he waved not facing you. "O-okay..." you stuttered. 'Did he just put -kun after my name?' You blushed at the thought as Syo came up from behind scaring the living daylights out of you. "Hey, y/n-chan. Why is your face all red? Were you just talking to Ai?" the blonde spoke as he knew your crush was Mikaze Ai, Syo's senpai also. You blushed and punched Syo's arm playfully. "Shut up!" He laughed and spoke "So...what did he say~" Syo was your best friend and he was the person who you told these things. "W-we are going to practice piano together..." you blushed and looked away. Syo started to laugh again. "You really like Ai-senpai." He said trying to hold back a little on the teasing but it really didn't help when he bursted out into complete laughter. "Well, I'm going to go get ready." You glared at the blue eyed teen.

---one hour later---

You walked down the corridor to the room which contained the piano. You slightly opened it not expecting Ai to be already inside playing the piano. He saw you out the corner of his eye and said "Come in y/n." As he patted the spot next to him on the bench.

~Ai's POV~

She walked inside and it was the most beautiful sight I've ever seen. She was wearing an oversized grey sweater, leggings, and red converse that suited her well. Her h/c was loose and curled. She looked at me with her beautiful e/c eyes and spoke sincerely "That was beautiful." Red spread across he cheeks as she moved away. I goaded her on to play. She did and it sounded amazing. Her fingers moved perfectly against the keys caressing each note as if they were siblings. She closed her eyes and felt the music. In that moment I knew I had to do something.

"Hey, let me trying something." Ai spoke, waking me from my daydream. HE started to play...and then...he started to sing.

I'm rusted and just for a lark
I would trade all of my moving parts
If you can move me like you say you can
Are you pretending to love a tin can

Tears started to swell up in his eyes as he continued to sing as I stared in awe and for some reason I felt like this song was to me.

Cold,  tired, and stale
Help me get away from here

A tear hit the keys....

This is what I want for my life
But I'm not sure if I'm programed right
Or if I'm under the gun
With some sick fascination to over indulge
And it seems
Like all these nuts and bolts and dreams
Always find some way to compete
The latter never comes up clean

Tears started to swell into my eyes on the verge to over flowing. Ai really felt the song. And I could tell he ment every word of it.

Oh, you say you want me
Mirrors and flesh never meld that easy
And never can we kiss
Like the scene in these shows
Never will lense grace
Our awkward pose
By igniting our embrace
Irony is all I taste...

He stopped and we looked each other in the eyes and he said "Y/n, I love you. I know you love me too. It's just so frustrating to hide it!" He started crying more as I embraced him onto my arms. I started to cry too but maybe for a different reason. I was happy. I was happy that he felt the same. "I love you too. I don't really care what they say about love. I love you." He looked up and wiped his eyes. "Be mine...please?" I nodded and engulfed him into a deep, loving, passionate kiss. I guess piano practice did pay off.

~~~~Hope you liked it. I own nothing but the story. ~~~~