Chapter 1

I never thought that Abigail and William would get together. I never thought that my best friend would sleep with my boyfriend. I guess I was wrong on both parts. 

        But we'll get to that later. My name is Reyna Brae, I'm nineteen years old and I love to read. I don't have many friends because of Abigail, but her and I have known each other since we were four. I remember the very first day of junior kindergarten, I remember everything. What I remember the most right now is that Abigail is a backstabbing bitch who slept with my boyfriend. Or should I say ex boyfriend. 

        I remember the day Abby and two of my other so called friends stole my phone and flushed it down the toilet. I guess I'd forgotten to put it in my gym bag after I got changed. I left the change room and went out into the gym, completely unaware. This girl named Elizabeth found it and asked the girls in the change room if they knew who it belonged too, and the girl who took it, named Madeline, said it that it belonged to Reyna, so she took it and said she would give it back to me. She never did. I told the gym teacher the situation, and she called Elizabeth over to ask her what happened, and she said the same thing I did. So she called over Madeline, and she said someone stole it from her before she had the chance to give it back to me. The teacher even said it was a load of shit. 

        But of course Madeline has a big mouth and can't keep her mouth shut, she was bragging about it in another class, one with my friend Ingrid in it, and of course she announced that she was going to use it constantly to raise the bill, and then she was going to flush it. 

        Being the bigger person, despite how hurt I was, I tried to let it go. I was only in ninth grade, and I was going to have to deal with these girls for another four years. And because I wasn't popular in school, I was shy and nobody really wanted to talk to me, which didn't bother me much, it gave me more time to read.

        I remember the summer that Abby and I spent every single day together after they took my phone. Her new best friend Thalia was grounded for the whole summer, so she didn't have much of an option. Every day we would either go to the beach, or just hang out in the park by our houses. 

        I remember her trying to get William's attention. Will wanted nothing to do with her. She's psycho, she would stalk him outside of his apartment and call him at all hours. She made me text him, just to see if he would reply to me. And as much as I told her I didn't want to text him, she begged me. And so I did. 

        I remember how jealous she was when he started talking to me more and more. Everyday, we would be texting, and before I knew it, I started falling for him, and him for me. Obviously I didn't tell her that we were talking all the time, or how I was starting to feel about him, but she was pretty smart, and a conniving bitch.

        And I remember when September came around, and Thalia wasn't grounded anymore, they would both look at me in the hallways and giggle, roll their eyes and walk away. That's when I knew she found out about William and I. We weren't official or anything, but we might as well have been. And I felt bad, taking the guy she wanted, but to be fair, I didn't want to start talking to him in the first place. She made me remember? That's when I knew my life was about to get very complicated.