Chapter 38 - New beginning

I guess that we should not really judge a person on what they give you upfront until you know their whole story.

Yesterday went on really normal. And I mean it. Just normal. Hindi na namin nakaharap si Rachel after my encounter with her. Pare-pareho din kaming walang sweldo kahapon but, to our surprise when we went to the cafeteria there were cooked dishes and everything was for free.

Gunner even joked that maybe it was our last day and tomorrow will be our judgement day. Which was not funny by the way, and made us more cautious on what's going to happen.

Then, this day came. We we're not awaken by any alarm pero parang bigla kaming nasanay na gumising ng maaga para sa mga bata. So after we did our parental chores, we had nothing to do anymore. Hindi pa din nagpapakita si Rachel at walang ibang utos samin. So here we are.. nakatambay lang sa isa sa mga bench outside.

When suddenly a black hummer limo came in the orphanage.

And my Dad just went out of it.

*

I don't know whether I should be jumping in joy or hiding out somewhere right now that I've seen my Dad again after four days of staying here. And I really think I should go for the latter part.

Because my Dad being here, is not a really good news. Before I went here, he reminded me that he doesn't want to receive any bad news from us anymore. But, on our four days of staying here, we did nothing but to piss Rachel off and break her rules.

Oh God.

I now know why my Dad is here and why has Rachel been MIA all this time.

"It's nice to see you again, kids." my Dad greeted us with a smile.

A really creepy smile.

A woman whom we've never seen before went out of the orphanage and greeted my Dad. "Thank you so much for coming on a short notice, Mr. Gomez."

"It was nothing. What did you want to talk about?" My Dad asked frankly.

The woman gave a sly smile, "I think we should head inside. Please follow me." she said and turned her back on us. But before she could fully do that, she faced us again, "As well as your group Ms. Audriana." she said then, continued walking inside. My Dad immediately followed.

"Guys, I think we're doomed." I whispered and we all made a gulp.

"F-uck you, Gunner. F-uck you." Xavier whispered as well and we all turned to Gunner.

"What did I do?" Gunner asked confused.

"Jugdement Day huh? You and your f-ucking mouth. I will kill you later." Venice spat. After that, we all went inside.