Moments at Shell Cottage

**Ron's Point of view**

I couldn't believe what had just happened, we had escaped from malfoy manor, I should be thrilled but yet all i could do was worry and cry. the girl i loved, Hermione Granger was on the other side of the door to me battered and bruised and i wasn't even allowed in there with her. i knew there wasn't  a lot i could do but i just wanted to be there with her, hold her and tell her its ok. it wasn't too bad until about 5 minutes ago when all of a sudden i hear a horrified scream i knew only to well. i tried to get through to her but bill held me back and away from her. why was he doing this, she needed me, i needed her. i could hear crying in the other room and asking for me, but every time they said no, said they weren't ready or it wouldn't do either of us any good to see each other in the state we were both in. but frankly i didn't care what she looked like or what state she was in, i should be in there holding her hand, calming her instead of out side this bloody door.

Half and hour had passed before Fleur finally came out and said i could go in, but i had to take it easy on her. i pushed past and nearly ran to Hermione's side, she started crying as soon as she saw me and if it wasn't for the fact i knew i had to be strong for her i probably would have broke down to crying as well. "sshhh baby, its okay" i soothed "your safe, were all ok, sssshh" after a good 15 minutes of trying to calm her down i finally heard her breathing slow a little bit and her crys stop. something i thought was a good thing until i looked at her face properly. it was scrunched up and she was biting her lip hard. it didn't take long for me to realise she was in pain and i slowly and gently shifted myself so that i was sitting with my back to the wall and Hermione curled up on my lap with her face buried in my chest. i didnt know what was hurting her, but just her being calm would help with the pain so i started rubbing circles on her back on the top of her leg. "calm down sweetheart, deep breaths" she did as she was told and it wasnt long before her breathing had returned back to normal and the look of pain had disappeared from her face, although i knew it must still be there. "what's hurts?" i asked her. she didnt answer. "mione?" "nothing im fine" she responded something i knew was a complete lie. "come on hermione, tell me babe" she looked up at me and into my eyes and i knew she was going to tell me. i tighten my grip on her waist as she started to talk. "everything hurts ron, my arm, my neck, my back, my chest, everywhere hurts" it was when she was saying this i noticed the bandage on her left arm. i reached across to grab it when she interupted me. "ron dont please..." "what happened hermione?" i knew she didnt want to tell me and that it would upset her to talk about it again, but i needed to know, i needed to help her and i couldnt without knowing what had happened to her arm, which meant she had to have it bandaged up. "she..she cut me.." hermione said in such a small quite voice. "thats not it though is it?" i questioned. she sighed and looked at her lap. i gently placed a finger under her chin and lifted her face to look at me. "what is it mione?" "she..she wrote something.." that was all i needed i knew exactly what that bitch had written on her arm and i wanted to kill her for it. Hermione was self contisious enough especially about that without her  writing it on her and branding her. "mione" was all i said. "you know thats not true.." "it is though, i am a mudblood, i dont belong here " she said as she started crying again. "hermione granger, listen to me right now! you do belong here and you are most certainly not a you know what!" "i am though ron, and now everyone i meet will now what i am" " you arent hermione, and so what, show everyone who the real brightest witch of her age is and what background she came from. dont hide it hermione, be proud of who you are! and when that bandage comes off i never want to see you hide that from me especially okay? i love you no matter what" and i leant down to kiss her and thats all i can remember from our first night at shell cottage.