SH2: Stitches and Burns

To those who'd read Jeannie's story. This is all about her twin, Jean's story.

                                              Splitting Hairs Part II:

                                                Stitches and Burns

Prologue

I had woken up in the wrong side of the bed. Had. Past tense.

I have woken up in the wrong side of the bed. Have. Present tense. 

Do you know the saying learning from your mistakes? Well, I don’t doubt it. And what if, the first plan—mistake was intended? Pero ano bang dapat na excuse kung dalawang beses kang gumising sa magkaibang kama?

First, I was drunk.

Second, damn if I know.

This unfamiliar room sends creeps down my spine. The sheet was white. Yes. White. Reminds me of… another room. Two… months ago. You won’t know the word panic when it smack you right on the face. I latched the doorknob. 

“This is a joke.”

Yeah, and jokes are always half-meant. It’s locked.

“Jeannie!” My twin’s the only one who pulls this kind of prank on me when we were kids. Naiiyak na pinipihit ko ang pinto. I huddle on the side. I hate the dark. Parang hindi ako makahinga. I start vomiting on the floor.

Biglang bumukas ang pinto. The lights turn on. My eyes grow wide.

“You??? You are that guy… What are you… doing here?” Stupid question.

He shrugs and tilts his head to the mess on the floor. Mabilis kong pinunasan ang bibig ko. Hindi niya kailangang ipangalandakang: I AM A MESS. I am always sure of myself. At dahil wala akong Plan B, tinawag ko 'yung the BIG PLAN. And that includes only two names. 

BRAD LEDESMA and JULIAN SUNICO.

“Remember me sweetie?” 

How can I forget that face? Not in a million freaking years. Siguro lahat nakakalimot sa one-night stand. Well, damn if you’re not supposed to forget it. But not me… not me. I automatically touch my stomach. Does he know? 

“What do you want from me?”

He shrugs. “I am kidnapping you.”

Kidnap. Abduct. Ransom. Aren’t those words applied to rich kids? Kung ganon isang malaking pagkakamali ito! Kung mayaman kami… 'di sana wala akong BIG PLAN. 'Di sana hindi ako ikakasal isang linggo mula ngayon! I hate myself… I hate lies. White lies Jean. And I loathe what I’ve become. Is he freaking insane? Oh, God no. 

“You’re sick.”

“Who cares?”

“You can’t do this. I don’t even know your name!” What have I done? Now he has a name to me. P-s-y-c-h-o-p-a-t-h.

 Lahat ng pinagpaguran ko. Lahat ng pinaghirapan ko mauuwi lang sa… wala? 

“Ah, you hurt my tender feelings sweetie,” itinaas niya ang baba ko, “remember Vincent Gonzalo when you next scream.”

Out of anger I should have said nice meeting you, but instead, “It was nice fvcking you Vincent Gonzalo.”