1. Skeezy

Ever have one of those work shifts that feels like it's never going to end? Like maybe you've died and gone to hell and your punishment is serving drinks to skeezy dudes for the rest eternity? Oh my god, if I died and am stuck in a "Rusty's Pub"  tshirt for the rest of existence I'm suing.

I look down at my phone, 10:30. Great, breaks over and time to go back to hell itself. I ash my cigarette into the alleyway and jump down from the dumpster lid I was sitting on and turn to head inside walking through the kitchen out to the bar counter where I can see my best friend Star  flirting away with the clientele, she flips her bright red hair and flashes a smile in hopes these men will tip well. I walk up next to her, tug my vneck down just a touch, throw on my best smile and get to work. Hey, a girl's gotta make money somehow.

What feels like days later, I can feel the seconds ticking down to close as I am wiping the counter down in hopes to be out of here as soon as we cash out for the night, when I feel a body press up behind me.

"Mmm Jessie," a voice whispers in my ear causing an upset feeling in my stomach, "what I wouldn't do to see this tight ass without all that fabric covering it.. think you could show me?"

I turn around to see my boss and bar owner Rusty, a 45 year old man who seems to hate his wife so much his only source of joy is preying on young girls. If I didn't desperately need the cash I'd punch him square in the jaw.

"As fucking if dude," I say looking at him, knowing he's probably drunk and won't care what I say. "Quit being gross and cash out the tills, it's not gonna happen"

He rolls his eyes but complies and backs off. I finish cleaning up and go to find Star who's
definitely hiding in the bathroom until we can leave.

"I can't believe him, I swear once I get a little more practice I'm opening a tattoo shop and leaving this place in the dust." I tell Star taking a drag of her Juul.

"Girl I know, he made me call him daddy when I opened the other day. What a creep but at least it's consistent work." She replies. "Although I think you're going to have to find new tattoo victims soon.."

We both look at our reflections in the mirror and notice the smattering of doodles that cover both our arms and legs. Damn she's definitely right. We both take another vape hit and book it for the door before heading in opposite directions.

I light my final cigarette of the night and walk towards my car when the door swings open to the record shop next to Rusty's. A girl in heels and barely a dress stumbles out giggling, followed by a tall blonde man, I'm pretty sure he's the owner, Jonny? Jason? Who cares? I look up and make awkward eye contact with him as the girl scurries down the alley towards the main road.

"Gotta light?" He says in a deep tired voice.

"Me? Uh ya sure" Of course me you idiot what other smoker is walking down the street at this hour. He takes the lighter to spark a joint, dragging in an impressive amount of smoke.

He looks back down at me and holds it out, "you want a hit?"

Weighing my options I shrug and take the joint.
"So, I see the record sales must be going well if you got customers this late hey?" I joke, flashing him a smirk.

"Well if you give me 20 minutes, you can come check out the goods yourself darlin" he claps back with a laugh and a wink. I look up at him and can't help but smile back.

"As tempting as that sounds, I'd prefer it if it didn't burn when I take a piss tomorrow."

"That hurts, I'm a smart guy I wrap it before I tap it. So what do you say we finish this joint and I'll show you the magic upstairs?" He says with a goofy smile. Fuck he really is hot.

"Nice try but I really do gotta get home, later Jason" I say and continue my journey to my car.

"The names Jake!" He yells. Damn. I was close.

Without turning back, I throw a peace sign in the air and walk off into the night.

By the time I get home I am beat. I take a quick shower, tie up my long blonde hair and crawl into bed. As I lay there, thoughts of that dumb sexy smile creep their way into my mind as I drift off to sleep.
——