The first step: admitting you have a problem

Tears fall from my face as Iay in bed helpless. Helpless of the ache in my stomach. Helpless of the thoughts pounding in my brain. Helpless of the holes I need to fill in my life. I lay with my tear streamed face shaking along with the rest of my body. I cry knowing that there's hardly anything I can do. My head pounds as I think back to what happened 10 minutes ago. My mom started yelling at me asking why I wasn't out on a Friday night. She started talking to me about how I need to start hanging out with more people. She doesn't realize that that is all I ever think about morning to night every day. That is one topic that I'm so insecure about, it can bring me to tears in 1 second. After she rambles on about how much of a loser I am and how she was the prom queen in high school, and I should be more like her, she concludes her ramble with, "you do not have enough friends." There it was. A sentence I have been trying to avoid hearing and admitting for the past 6 months. Blurted out in one second, carelessly like a burp. My head felt like it could have exploded at that second. It sounds like a stupid thing to be so mad about, but when you are really and I mean really insecure about something, if someone states it about you, you can feel indescribably depressed. After those 6 words were spoken, I suddenly felt my feet running up the never ending stairs. My tears began pouring on to my pillow as my legs gave out, and I plunged on to my bed. I couldn't comprehend why my mom was always so incredibly rude to me. She loved my sister and was a different person around her. Around me, my mom was a psycho bitch who treated me like crap. As the rage inside me began to cool down, my mom started pounding on my locked bedroom door.