Chapter 1 : Part of a New World

A/N 

Hey denizens of the World! I'm excited and a little nervous to introduce my first fan fiction ever. I really hope y'all enjoy and vibe with Worthless Pride. (If you know you know). The story might start of a little slow, but I hope it's interesting enough to keep everyone waiting for the rest. I've done my best to proof check, and research everything I'm writing, but in the chance that you do find errors, I'll be happy to look into them. I'm also very aware of all the Haikyuu ships out there and I squeal with joy like every single one of y'all munchkins. But I'm also very aware of how many of us are simps for most of our Haikyuu boys and would do anything to be the MC in their lives...So that got me thinking of a little light hearted, slice of life take on it. This is just sorely how I felt Haikyuu would play out if it were a slice of life anime. This story isn't meant to offend any of the already existing ships out there.

**All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. All credits for the Haikyuu characters goes to the Haikyuu author. My additions will be very obvious to anyone who's seen or read Haikyuu!**

Anyway, I hope y'all enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Lots of Love,
Hazel

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Mid-March sky in The Miyagi Prefecture of the Tohoku region was a gentle fusion of mild orange, with streaks of red weaving through, setting a nostalgic tone to the atmosphere. It wasn't very late in the evening, yet the skies sang a different song. Aien stood outside the Kageyamas' house and took in the scene that lay before her - A rather quaint house, with a garden that was well tended to, with no sign of any weeds at first glance. Purple Wisteria beautifully shrouded the house giving it an air of mystery as well as a cozy appearance. The Rooms on the first floor, had ivy curling across the walls, further adding to the mysterious aesthetic. The stony foot path that led to the front door had a volleyball lying on it- a worn out one that had by the looks of it, been thoroughly used.

It had been a while since she had come here, to this house. The last time, she'd been here, she'd been around eight and her memories from back then were a bit hazy as is with all of us. Time sure does leave everyone trying to put together shards of memory, frozen in time. From the foot-path, diverged another path that led to an open space. The open space stirred a memory in her mind... I think Tobio-kun still plays doesn't he... Papa had mentioned that he was good at it.

Aien stood on the pavement that led upto the front door fiddling with the good luck charm on her wrist, lost in her thoughts. The wind grew a little stronger, tugging at her ponytail. A few brown strands found its way out and swayed along with the gust.

"Aien!! I'm so sorry. I had to take that call", Misaki came running up to her.

Aien was momentarily taken aback, having forgotten about her companion amidst this nostalgic setup. Misaki's nose had turned pink with the cold wind that had been raging all day. Misaki was a friend, Aien had known ever since she had shifted to Nagoya with her father a few years ago. Misaki was currently helping her with her long journey to the Miyagi Prefecture where the Kageyamas lived.

Aien smiled, "I'm a littler nervous..uh ...Entering this house means ...." She broke off, looking down at her gray sneakers, her fiddling progressively worsening. A few strands of brown hair fell onto her face, hiding her fearful eyes.

Misaki tutted. She grabbed Aien by the shoulders, her honey brown eyes glaring into Aien's hazel eyes which had widened in shock at the sudden motion.

"You're going to be fine." Misaki announced in her confident voice. "You cant live in fear of new things, Aien." Her eyes softened after seeing Aien's scared face. "If it gets too much here, you're coming to live with me." She reassured. Misaki reminded Aien that it had been of her own volition that they had made this long journey