Your deputy is dead, Onestar

It happened in a strange way. But it was sudden, nonetheless. Cats started to get sick. Their fur would fall off, and their flesh would rot, sometimes even falling off, and, in rare cases, to the bone. These sick cats would attack anyone in the way, and they seemed to want nothing more than to eat. Which wouldn't be much of a problem, but all they want to eat is other cats. And not even in the warriors world is cannbalism okay. It started on an overcast day. Cloudtail had arranged a patrol with his mate, Brightheart, and a few other cats, Ivypool and Cinderheart. 

"We're almost to the WindClan border, so stay quiet." Cloudtail instructed, crouching a little, hoping to hide his white pelt in the grass, even a little. The others dispersed in seperate directions to inspect the border. Cloudtail swallowed, parting his jaw to scent the air. He almost gagged, immediatly shutting his mouth and backing up, shaking his head and trying to rid himself of the stench. The stench of rotting flesh. Cloudtail shut his eyes tight and held his breath before stepping forward to see what fresh kill WindClan had left on the border.

He opened one eye, the other opening in horror. He swallowed hard, and, trembling, he let out a screech and fell back, alerting the rest of his patrol. They ran over to see what had made Cloudtail, a very brave and hardly ever scared warrior, shriek in such a way. Cloudtail heard them cry out in shock as well. 

It was Ashfoot, the WindClan deputy. 

He lay dead, sprawled out, as if another cat had killed him. He had a bite taken out of his neck, which looked like it was a cat bite. Most of his flesh had been at least chewed on, and his fur was sticky and matted with blood. Cloudtail stepped back up to see him better, and his ears twitched. He heard something - like a moan. It gurgled a little, confusing Cloudtail. Ashfoot suddenly moved, and leapt on top of Brightheart, pinning her down. Cloudtail reacted with great speed and bashed into the seemingly former deputy. The entire patrol stepped back in fear. 

This cat's throat is ripped out, what is it... Why is it walking...? Cloudtail nearly vomited, the fear and smell almost overwhelmng him. Ashfoot slowly limped towards the patrol, moaning and groaning. His eyes we still glazed over, and Cloudtail could hear no heartbeat. "He's still dead..."

"But he's alive, and moving...?" Ivypool's face contorted with fear and confusion. 

"Living dead..." Cinderheart murmured behind them. The thought struck Cloudtail as impossible. 

"He can't be alive and dead at the same time, i-it's not how it works!" He protested, still backing away from the deputy. Ashfoot gained a sudden burst of speed, again going for Brightheart, forcing Cloudtail to step in. Cloudtail bashed the deputy with his body, pushing him away from the patrol. "Go. Tell Bramblestar what's happened. I'll take care of this and deliver the body to WindClan. Brightheart, please stay with me." Brightheart nodded. 

"I'm not watching you kill this cat though." She stepped back and turned around as the rest of the patrol left to report their findings. Cloudtail swallowed, and unsheathed his claws. 

"I'm sorry, Ashfoot..." 

A/N: Maybe this'll be a thing. I got the idea and was like "Oh man that sounds so sweet." If it needs any imporvement, or if you have ideas, let me know and I'll probably add them. There will be more. 

Love you, thank you for reading! <3