Athigaram - 1

Hello everyone! Thank you for choosing this to read!

As like I mentioned in description, this book contains number of thirukural poems with explanation which inspired me more!

This idea is given by soulful_scribbler . I would like to thank her for giving me this awesome idea❤

So I'm going to give it a try!🎊

I'm going to start this with thanking wholeheartedly the great poet THIRUVALLUVAR who gives us this incredible book📚!

Happy reading📖 ❤😘!

Unknown fact of the day!

Even though the book is starts with the kural/poem about god, still there is not a single word about any religion or the words 'kadavul' (god) and 'Tamil' in it.

This is the major reason for why it reached everywhere around the world and accepted by every scholars without any contradictions!

Now coming to the point!

This book contains three categories(paal) which are,
    • Arathu paal (virtue)
    • Porut paal (wealth)
    • Inbathu paal (Love)

And there are 133 Athigarams or chapters which contains 10 poems for each chapter!

1. Kural 1:

Category: Arathu paal (virtue)
Chapter 1: Kadavul vaalthu (Praising God)

அகர முதல எழுத்தெல்லாம் ஆதி
பகவன் முதற்றே உலகு

மு.வ உரை :
எழுத்துக்கள் எல்லாம் அகரத்தை அடிப்படையாக கொண்டிருக்கின்றன. அதுபோல உலகம் கடவுளை அடிப்படையாக கொண்டிருக்கிறது.

Akara Mudhala Ezhuththellaam Aadhi
Pakavan Mudhatre Ulaku

Explanation :
As the letter A is the first of all letters  so the eternal God is first in the world.

What I understood!

As the letter A is the first and source of everything, so the god is source of our lives.

Even though the poet didn't mention about any religion or god in his whole book, he first praised the god. So with this, we can understand that he may said that no one in this world is superior or inferior. We all are dependent on something and we should be devoid of arrogance, pride and egotism!

2. Kural 9.

  Category: Arathu paal (virtue)
  Chapter 1: Kadavul vaalthu (Praising God)

கோளில் பொறியின் குணமிலவே எண்குணத்தான்
தாளை வணங்காத் தலை

கேட்காத செவி  பார்க்காத கண் போல எண்(8) குணங்களை உடைய இறைவனின் திருவடிகளை வணங்காதவரின் தலைகள் பயனற்றவைகளாம்

Kolil Poriyin Kunamilave Enkunaththaan
Thaalai Vanangaath Thalai

Explanation :
The head that didn't bow to the who possess the 8 superior qualities, is similar to the organs that loses its ability!

What I understood!

We can get knowledge and became a pantomath. But if we didn't have the quality to respect the elders because of our egotism and pride. Then we are not even worth of anything and our knowledge is also a waste. Because knowledge should first taught us about how to respect others and being kind towards all.

3. Kural 12

Category: Arathu paal(virtue)
Chapter 2: Vaan sirappu (specialities of rain)

துப்பார்க்குத் துப்பாய துப்பாக்கித் துப்பார்க்குத்
துப்பாய தூஉம் மழை

உண்பவர்க்குத் தக்க உணவுப் பொருள்களை விளைவித்துத் தருவதோடு  பருகுவோர்க்குத் தானும் ஓர் உணவாக இருப்பது மழையாகும்

Thuppaarkkuth Thuppaaya Thuppaakkith Thuppaarkkuth
Thuppaaya Thooum Mazhai

Explanation :
Rain helps to grow food for everyone. Apart from this, rain itself act as a part of food (as water to quench thirst)

What I understood!

Rain helps everyone and even sacrificing it's own by itself act as a Nectar for every living things! So we should be like rain. We should help the needy people and we shouldn't hesitate to help them even if we lose something.

Or we can take it another meaning!

We should spread the knowledge and positivity to everyone like rain! We have to be positive in nature forever and we should spread our positivity to the negative and broken people!

That's it for today!

Thanks for reading📖!

Vote☑ if you like this!

Share your precious comments about should I continue it!?❤

With love❤😘!

Bye👋👋👋