Chapter 1

RIINNNGGGG!!! RRRRIIIINNGG!!!

"Ugh...I hate mornings." I thought to myself as I reached over to my alarm clock to turn i off but ended up knocking over my lamp...."shit"

After hitting every button on the clock, still with my eyes closed.

Fusturated, I unplugged the damn thing and threw it across the room.

I finally got up out of bed when the evil witch, also known as my mother, bust through my bedroom door.

"Ryder, what the hell is all thay banging up here?!?" She yells with her hands on her hips. Dont get me wrong, my mother looks nothing like a witch, with her long blonde hair that travels all the way down her back, flawless skin with bright baby blue eyes. She is the type of girl that teen magazine would define as 100% beautiful. But I would disagree. What makes a girl beautiful to me is much more that whats on the outside. I want someone who is beautiful on the inside as well. And lets just say that the inside of my mother makes the wicked witch of the west look friendly.

"Well are you going to answer me?" She asked clearly getting aggravated.

I just stared at her, not saying a word.

"Ryder, I know that u hear me, why dont u reply?" She asks.

Again I give no sign of reply.

She sighs and walks out of my room, closing the door behind her without another word.

I know what ur thinking , "why didnt u just tell her what happened?" Right?

Well for starters I dont reply to anyone. You see im mute. I dont speak. Its not like I cant communicate at all, I know sign language and so does the rest of my family and close friends. I just dont communicate with my mother. I havr been mutr for almost 10 years now, ans I havent made a glance, a sign, a burp, or anything towards her direction in the past 8 out of those 10 years. So she shouldnt be surprised when I dont acknowledge her.

Im suring ur trying to figure out how old I am to be mute for ten years. Im going to be 16 in janurary. So no, I was not born a mute. And after saying that ur next question is, what exactly happened to make me this way....

But thats a story im not ready to tell just yet. Til this day I still have nightmares about it.....but thats a dark part of my past I dont wish to think of right now.

***********

I get dressed in my black skiny jeans, black and white convers, and a black fitted v-neck t-shirt to show off my muscles.

I have shaggy dark pitch black hair, which was once blonde but I couldnt stand it. (Yet another store, for another time.) Full slightly pink colored lips, which my friend rikki says "makes all the girls go crazy" and (thanks to years of playing football and working out) a lean muscular frame. But I have to say, the weirdest thing about me would be my eyes. My eyes are a light grey color that dramatically stand out, and turn a smokey grey whenever im upset or angry. Weird right?

I look over myself in the mirror one last time before putting on my black leather jacket.

I look at my watch and see that im going to be late for class. Not reallt caring at all, I go downstairs and grab a packet of starburst from the kitchen. I slowly make my way out the front door and onto my motorcycle, which was an early birthday gift from my uncle. "I really hate monday's" I think to myself as I speed down the street, not knowing that this monday....may change my life completely.