Memories

001- Case Proxima

Yawning, the brunette rolled onto her side in the bunk bed, fingering the notebook under her pillow, smiling slightly. It was her personal diary, an account of what happened an hour ago. At least, in this time. As she pulled out her hand from out under her pillow, her fingers brushed over the watch, frozen at 16:39:92:12. Eyes closing, she drifted off into dreamland, reliving what just happened.

Coughing,  she climed down to the dusty basement, looking for the blue box she got from the antique shop. Shoving a few cardboard ones out the way, Riley sat crossed-legged on the rust-coloured floor. She pushed up her sleeves and careful opened the lid. It was was a dark blue, hexagon shaped box, and shone around the edges. It was very shabby and fragile, bought from an antique shop that she had forgotten about  for a while as she moved onto her apartment.

In it was a few quills, a watch, some victorian pennies, and a few gems. As her green eyes noticed the watch, her curiosity spiked. It looked very strange; it had a hexagon shape and  four numbers separated by colons. It was blue colour and she tried it on. Underneath the mess of the box, she pulled out an odd looking book, written in a different language, While she was flicking through the pages, she saw that the watch's dial was pulled out, which probably explained why it was frozen. Pushing it in, she felt a whole lot colder and a tingling sensation came across her; the entire room was fading away and everything became a darker and for a split second she could swear that she saw planets fly past. 

Feeling dizzy, she  couldn't see her surroundings around her and could hear yelling and blurs running around. Riley's world went black.