Chapter 1: The Children

[Batman's POV:]

"Recently I've gotten a tip from an anonymous source stating that there's an heir of joker. I suspect he likely had the child with Harley Quinn since they were in a relationship during the expected time period. Now that both of them are locked away in Arkham Asylum I need to find this child and ensure they don't follow in their parents footsteps. They deserve a better life than that." I stopped the recording there as I overlooked the hideout which I suspected to find them. According to my Intel the child's name was Lucy and only 5 years in age. It's still unclear who is looking after her these few weeks.

Grappling across to the building, I peered in through the skylight, scouting out the location of any goons I could find as well as locating the likely position of Lucy. As usual, they had positioned the henchmen around the place on a patrol and yet still hadn't covered any vents.. they never learn.

I quickly glided down from the skylight and straight into the vents. Since it was a single target, I decided I'd let the police handle the goons later and put sole focus on collecting Lucy. Needlessly attacking the henchmen could result in alerting them and her escaping.

I maneuvered through the ventilation shafts to the back room where the child was and to my surprise more. 5 more to be precise and with no guards or cameras, were they hiding? Were they not with these goons? I cross referenced Lucy with the Intel I had received and found a match. Based on looks it seemed that the rest of them were children of Gotham's most dangerous criminals I had not long locked away. I could see whom I suspected was a son of Clayface and daughters of Catwoman, poison Ivy, mister freeze and scarecrow. These complicated things I could not just leave them. But the bat-car could only accommodate 4 people.

"Alfred, I need you to send the Bat-truck near my location" I can't let it get too close since it runs substantially louder than the bat-mobile having no sound muffled.

"Right away sir, I'll have it waiting in a nearby alley close enough for remote operation" That's transport acquired. I needed to take out the goons before I could have it backed up to the loading port. For now I'll use some sleeping gas to put the children to sleep, but I'll have to synthesise one to work on Jonathan, Clayface and Ivy's children and manually knock out dr. Frie's daughter.

After having found the right chemicals for each and ensuring they did not mix unsafely I began dispersing it through the ac system as my suit would simply filter it out. After the first 5 dropped to sleep I burst out the vents delivering a sharp controlled blow to the last one's neck before carefully laying her on her back. I couldn't risk any damage to the integrity of her suit.

Once they were all dealt with I took a look around to find any clues as to their personality types. For the most part it seemed Lucy was raised by Harley more than Joker with all her pictures showing mainly the two. In contrast any mention of Joker was clear indications of neglect and abuse training her to be like him even pushing her into chemical baths like he did her mother. With that I decided if she were to be placed in foster she'd probably be suited to a single mother family.

Next I checked on the belongings of scarecrow's daughter, the girl herself wore a similar outfit to the man himself only she sported red hair out the back of her mask or sack whatever they call it. Her belongings were minimal as I expected and I learned her name to be Duela. She had cases full of modified scare gas, after a quick analysis it turned out that the effects were purposely lower than the original serum due to the added inhibitors, alongside a plentiful amount of antidote. I wonder what purpose she had for them. She seemed to be a good kid on the inside, but finding a suitable family would be near impossible due to her biological differences. Unfortunately Gotham isn't all to accepting. I'll have to find somewhere good for her to go. She deserves it.