Chapter 2

Hi. So this is a book on Ash Ketchum (Satoshi) attempting suicide. I am in no way glorifying suicide or self-harm, and if you need help please get it.

"Thank you, and goodbye," Satoshi said. He folded up the letter and placed the pen on the desk. Gou let himself in.

"What was that?" Gou asked wearily. They had heard Satoshi say those four words and were concerned for Satoshi.
"Oh its just a letter to a friend of mine in Kalos, don't worry," Satoshi answered, giving Gou a soft smile.
"If you say so. Anyways let's go to sleep," Gou said. They climbed up the ladder and Raboot followed. Satoshi slipped into bed and let Pikachu curl up next to him. He closed his eyes and slowed his breathing to make it seem like he had gone to sleep.

After three hours Satoshi deemed it was safe to leave. He managed to get out of bed without disturbing Pikachu, and went over to the letter. He reviewed it and deemed it worthy. Satoshi folded the letter up once again and wrote 'Gou' on it. He then found a hoodie that was discarded on the floor, not caring who's it was, and put it on. He then place all of his pokeballs on the desk next to the letter.

He walked into the bathroom and grabbed a full bottle of Pain-Killers out of a cupboard and slid them into his pocket. He grabs a water bottle he had prepared that evening and a pocket knife he had bought the other week.

Satoshi opens the window and climbed out. He then closed it as far as he could and ran. He found himself in Route 11, and sat against a tree. He opened the bottle of pain-killers, poured them into his hand and opened the bottle of water. He started to take the pain-killers and wash them down with the water. He then finished the pills and took out the pocket knife. He unfolded it and rolled up his left sleeve.

Satoshi swiped at his wrist. He pushed down and let it draw blood. He did this multiple times and pulled down his sleeve. Satoshi started to black out. All he could think of was Pikachu and Gou as he fell unconcious.

Gou woke up with a thunderbolt.
"What the hell?" Gou mumbled.
"Pika!" Pikachu exclaimed. He looked and sounded destressed. "Chu Pikapi Pichu Kapichu!"
"What's up Pikachu?"
"Pi!" He shouts, jumping off of Gou's bed. Gou climbs down the ladder and looked at where Pikachu was pointing.

"Where's Satoshi?!" Gou exclaimed. They looked around the room and saw a letter addressed to them and five pokeballs. They opened the letter.

'Hey Gou! It's me Satoshi! You're probably wondering where I am right now and why my pokeballs are with you. That's the thing, you don't have to worry. I'm not going to be a burden to you or anyone anymore. Or a disappointment either. Please take care of my pokemon from now on.

Thank you, and Goodbye.'

"S-satoshi?" Gou said. "Please let this be a joke. Please," Gou mumbled. They had tears starting to run down their face when Koharu entered the dorm.
"Wake up guys," She said, not realising the situation. "Gou? What's up?" Koharu ran over to Gou and saw they were crying.
"I-I think Satoshi has committed suicide," Gou managed to say.
"What?!" Koharu shouted. She took the note and read it.

"Holy," Koharu mumbled. She read it again whilst rubbing circles onto Gou's back to help them calm down. "I can't beli-" She was cut off by Professor Sakuragi.
"What's taking so long Koharu?" He questioned. The duo looked up at him with teary eyes.
"W-we think Satoshi has k-killed himself," Koharu said, holding out the note.

Professor Sakuragi took the note and read it. "Oh," He said. His phone rang and he answered it.

"Hanako," Sakuragi said.
"Satoshi's in the hospital and I don't know why," Hanako said.
"Which one, we will tell you what we think happened," The professor said.
"Vermillions," Ms. Ketchum said.
"Meet us there," He hung up the phone. "I think someone found him and took him into the hospital. Koharu you can go to school or come with us,"
"Can I go with you guys please," Koharu asked.
"Of course," Sakuragi said. Goh scooped up pikchu who had exhausted himself and fell asleep and took the rest of Satoshi's pokemon.

They rushed to the hospital and found Hanako, Professor Oak and two young adults that Professor Sakuragi knew to be Gym leader of Cerulean city's gym Misty and former Pewter City gym Brock.
"What happened?" Hanako Ketchum asked to the 3 that had just arrived.
"Here," Sakuragi said, handing Satoshi's mom the note.

A few minutes passed, the other three read it.
"What!" Misty exclaimed, handing the note back to Sakuragi.
"Yeah. Gou here was woken up by Pikachu this morning because Satoshi was gone. They then found this," Sakuragi said. They all walked into the hospital and went into Satoshi's room.

"Hello guys," A doctor said.
"What happened?" Professor Oak asked the doctor.
"It seems that he overdosed on pain-killers, and cut his wrist multiple times as a last resort to end his life," The doctor explained. "A young trainer found him and called an ambulance,"
When everybody heard that Satoshi had overdosed they sharply inhaled.
"What?" Hanako said.
"Yeah, is there any reason behind this?" The doctor asked, and Sakuragi gave them the note that was meant for Gou. "Oh. Well he should wake up in a few hours, so you can either stay or leave and return."

Everyone had decided to go home but Gou and Pikachu. Pikachu was asleep on Gou's lap and Gou was sat next to Satoshi as he rested. They took Satoshi's hand, the one that wasn't hooked up to an IV, and just help on, as if Satoshi would dissappear and try killing himself again.

Satoshi started to wake up. As he woke up he noticed that he was in a white room with very bright lights. "Lights..." Satoshi mumbled.
"Huh? Satoshi?" Gou asked, looking over to Satoshi.
"Hey Gou," Satoshi said. "The lights are too bright,"
"Oh, right," Gou said. They switched off the lights in the hospital room and turned on the lamp that was in the corner.

"What were you thinking?" Gou asked. They took Satoshi's hand and looked over at him.
"You saw the note right?" Satoshi asked and Gou nodded. Then Satoshi started crying heavily. "I'm sorry! I'm so fucking sorry!" He cried into Gou's chest.
"Don't worry about it. You weren't thinking," Gou said. They helped Satoshi calm down. "Please, don't try,"
"I won't," Satoshi said. Yet both of them knew this was a lie.