Travel 1: Plans to the future.

We are in 2199. This year is very important to Marttin because he needs to decide about his routine life. Marttin is a scientist and he lives in Durban, the third biggest city in South Africa. He is forty-five years old and he loves his job. He lives with his family and on weekdays Marttin works eighteen hours in his lab with some friends and at the weekend he works two hours more. Sometimes he doesn't have time to have breakfast with his family or to talk and enjoy with his children, Uzza and Lann, two young children of sixteen and seventeen years old. He sleeps only four hours a day and every day he gets up at 6 a.m. to start something important to him: Helping the Earth!

Yeah! He is dreaming about that since he was eighteen years old. He likes the planet he lives but the biggest problem is people living here. Every day he reads news about trash and other products in nature. People are not taking care of the environment and he believes that this fact can help to destroy the natural spaces that are still recorded on Earth. He works next to his house and in the lab, he tries to study about strategies to recycle trash and he works days and nights trying to understand just two things: First, why people don't like to recycle some objects in this planet and the second one, what he can do to live better in this planet.

This morning is snowing and Marttin is sitting on a chair across from his lab. Some of his assistants are working into it, but Marttin is not there right now. His son Lann sees from the window his father sitting in a white chair looking at some birds. The last day he saw his father was three days ago.

— Dad? – Lann walks towards his father.

— Hey, baby. What are you doing here? – Marttin says looking at him and smiling. Lann loves when his father smile!

— I'm just looking, but...

Laan looks at his dad and his eyes are tearing.

— What happened, boy? Would you like to talk to me?

— Dad, I...

— I have two minutes to talk to you. So, you can say, my son. – His dad said

— It's nothing important, dad! You can back to your work.

Laan didn't say but it's was important information: Laan and all Marttin's family are missing him. But Marttin only has time to work and sometimes, this is very worrying.

****

Inside the lab, Freddy and and Tony are studying strategies to recycle some objects. This study is very important to them because they want to help other scientist to find a way to recycle more trash. The world has 35% of the space covered by garbage. Some cities are abandoned because the amount of garbage was too large. The waters of the seas are getting dirtier every day.

The glass door of the lab opens. It is Marttin. He backs to the lab because he knows they need to finish all the project until the end of the year.

— Is everything ok here, guys?

— Yes, sir.

— All right. I'm back and I'm going to check some documents on my flying robot.

Yes, Marttin has an unthinkable robot. It was made ten years ago and it helps Marttin and the other scientists to find strategies to recycle papers, plastics and other objects in the nature.

Marttin can talk to his robot as he talks to a human person because it is programmed to think like a human being and this robot works as a detective, managing to solve some problems in research. The only problem is that the robot is still unable to help Marttin find the answer to solve the problem of pollution in the environment.

— Guys, it's too late now. I think it's time to stop our working for today and tomorrow we can back and search new documents and experiments to help our planet. – says Marttin.

Everybody turns off the electronic equipment and goes home.