Chapter 1

My name is Fa'iza Farhan the daughter of Alh. Farhan Farid and Fatima Farhan Farid.

Sitting here alone in the garden of my faculty thinking about all that I have been through in this couple of years gives me heartache.

I'm still trying to figure out how can someone's life turn out the opposite of what it used to be with something like a blink of an eye.

For me it will always feels like yesterday that am on top of all the good things that life could bring and think of.

My parents are the best of parents any child could ever wished for. They gave me all I needed and don't need .And they are still trying their hardest best. I love them so much.

I am the only child to my parents. Although I heard from my mammy that she gave birth to beautiful boy twins five years before my birth and they passed just five months later from a brief illness.

And now it's just me and my parents. Mammy's girl/daddy's angle. But I often wish I had siblings.

I can remember from my childhood of three years old ~smiles

I m in the kitchen with mammy~that's what I called my mother because my words are still not fluent then~ although I'm still calling her with the name, because she loves it and I do too.
Mammy is cooking one of my favorite delicacies that's why I refused to leave the kitchen. Because when ever she is cooking my favorite I do stay right by her side. I told her to teach me.
So when she's going to cook  she will have me sit by the side, made me watch and tell me stories.
These are one of my best moments in the house.

Papa will soon be back from he's trip. ~papa was what I called my father~ although I don't call him that now that much. I have so many name for my father according to which suits the conversation at the moment.

I have name for him such as, boss man, Alhaji, Oga, your husband, popsy, Baba,and many more.

The old man is coming back from a work meeting from Abuja.

He works with the ministry of affairs. So he is always between the road traveling Abuja to Kaduna and vice versa or flying to aboard .And me and my mammy stay here in Kaduna.but during weekends he always make it back to us.