Chapter 1

Taylor S. POV

Taylor trudged through the heavy, winter snow. Her pink scarf covering her nose and mouth, protecting half of her face from the bitter cold. Her eyes were waitering from a mix of the cold and memories. Her hands were pushed deep in her pocket and she could feel the crumpled up piece of paper through her soft, red gloves. The memories come back burning in her mind.

Flashback

"Taylor, you don't understand!" Taylor screamed at her.
"What don't I understand?" she cried.
"I gave you everything!" He shouted. When he looked into Taylor's blue eyes filled with tears, his voice softened. "I gave you roses, I gave you gifts, I gave you all my love, you know what you gave me?" Taylor just stared at him with wide, wet eyes. She knew what she did, but she didn't want to live it. He just looked at her one last time and walked out the door, out of the house, out of her life.

Back to the present

Taylor pushed the memories back. She didn't want to relieve the guilt. She wanted to apologize, so she did it the only way she knew - in a song. She didn't know how to show him the song without having to look into his eyes and relive everything, so she wrote him a note. The song was in her old, leather notebook, which laid on her desk next to her bed. She wrote everything down in that notebook - except this note. She had taken a piece of lined paper and a blue pen and wrote down this note.

To the boy who's heart I broke last December,

Taylor, I am sorry for everything. I am sorry for all the times I toke your love and threw it away. I am sorry that you gave me everything and you gave me nothing. I don't know what else to say. There is nothing else to say. All I can say is that I go back to December all the time.

Sincerely,
Taylor Alison Swift

The crumpled up note was pressed hard against Taylor's hand. She looked at the street names and knew she was close, only a few minutes away. She had walked down these streets many times before with Taylor. She remember the times in the summer driving down these roads with him. Watching him laugh from the passenger side. She knew she loves him then. She loved him in the fall too, but when the cold came, fear came too, and she shut him out.
Taylor stood in front of his house, a place she knew so well. The lights were out. Taylor walked up the stone steps, and went to the front door. She took the note out of her pocket and help it up to the slot on the door. She paused for a second. She then slid the note through the slot, stood there for a few seconds, and walked away from the house.