the final dance.

Ashes scattered around our feet, dancing in the barely blowing wind, some still glowing from the flames of the recent wreckage. The bomb was to be blown up within moments. I looked Aaron in the eyes, hot tears slowly rolling down my cheek.

"M-Mark?? We.. we're not to end like this, are we??" He nervously shook, holding himself in his arms, terrified of the near future. I couldn't blame him for it though. I knew how this was going to play out. And there was no way to stop it.

I walked over, and grabbed his hands gently. He looked into my eyes, the pure terror surging through our gaze. I hadn't told him I loved him, and this would be as good of a time than after it's too late.

The ticking slowly gave me a rhythm, and I slowly lead him forward in a slow, final dance.

"You are my sunshine... My only sunshine..." I whispered quietly, and he stared, shocked.

"Mark,I-I-" He started, the tears being more prominent with every moment that passed in our ever-dwindling time.

"You make me happy... when skies are grey..." I continud, the melody now mixing into my voice as I tried to soothe him.

"Please Mark, I don't think I can handle-" He tried to start once more, his voice shaking too much to keep going forward in his sentences.

"I want to tell you.... How much I love you..." I murmured, stopping the dance to embrace him, and I could feel him shivering under the pressure of being so close. His muscles were tense, and he buried his face in my chest. I leaned my head over just a bit, and kissed the top of his head.

The bomb's ticks quickened, and I knew it wasn't going to be long at all before the blast killed us, along with whatever had survived all the attacks.

"Please don't take.... my sunshine..." My own voice wavered, and I knew the end was of mere seconds. I squinted my eyes shut as I held Aaron tight in my arms.

"...Aw-"

BOOM