.1

"Don't forget to turn off the lights when you go to bed."

"Okay."

"Night, Chaeyoung."

"Night, Jennie."

Chaeyoung closed the door with a soft thud. A tired sigh escaped her lips as she rested against the thin mahogany behind her. Her eyelids drooped by now, the midnight Netflix binging sessions with Jennie doing more harm than necessary. The baby pink neon lights in her room projected on her fatigued features as her thoughts retreated to the glum corner of her mind once more.

She threw herself butt first onto her bed. She didn't understand how Lisa could do it everytime without suffering a concussion because she was sure she'd felt a jab in her head somehow. Or maybe it was the headache. Chaeyoung was too tired to fuss over it, having popped pills for her headache just half an hour ago. She had a long day anyway.

All was done for the day. Promotional periods hit the hardest, with barely any time to sleep or eat a proper meal in between music show recordings, broadcasts and the occasional practices squeezed in here and there. Chaeyoung reflected back on her day as the unwanted feeling of hollowness slowly crept its way back in.

"How does it feel to be involved in what appears to be your first dating rumour with the one and only Bae Suzy?"

"How do you think the public would react had the rumours been true?"

It was at a spur of the moment, fans and reporters equally alike flocking them outside the SBS building after their Inkigayo recording despite the repeated warnings and reminders about practising social distancing. She'd heard it briefly, it was hard to miss anyway with how loud the dude was being even among the squealing fans.

Chaeyoung's heart leapt to the her throat at the mention of the name. The questions themselves threw her off completely in spite of her professional self reminding her to maintain the usual smile and the occasional waving. The reporter was shoved away by the bodyguards (and a coupe other fans who found his questions horrifyingly scandalous) but the initial speck of panic that crossed over her stayed in her mind ever since.

Lisa seemed to have heard them as well, giving her a quick squeeze through their intertwined hands and asked her if she was okay afterwards inside the van. Chaeyoung lied, obviously.

She didn't feel ready enough to disclose personal feelings about her love life and sexuality even to her best friend, even as Lisa was the first person she'd come out to. And if she was particularly tired to even talk at the moment, it showed. She was silent the entire ride back home.

She had been scared. And Chaeyoung never had fears to begin with.

No new notifications. Again. Chaeyoung pressed her lips into a thin line as her thumbs hovered over the last tangible conversation she had with her girlfriend. They'd joked about moving in together couple of years later, adopting a dog even and Chaeyoung had implicitly pledged to allow her girlfriend to choose the interior because apparently Suzy was a know-how in interior designing.

That was over 2 weeks ago.

Suzy hadn't replied to the last 'I love you' text she'd sent. Chaeyoung automatically understood, she always did. She was bound to anyway, sharing the same line of profession and dealing with the immense pressure and equally as hectic lifestyle with her girlfriend. She just didn't expect the turn in thier relationship.

Suzy was working hard for the latest Dior shoot, she herself had told her. It was nothing new for them, both sides had busy careers of their own to take care of and spending time apart due to pressing schedules had almost become a normal thing. Almost.