Chapter 1 Zeke's choosing day

Tris Pov

My name is Beatrice Pedrad, but everyone calls me Tris.

I look in the mirror admiring my long brunette hair, dark brown eyes, and the three bird tattoos along the tanned skin of my collarbone.

I live in the Dauntless compound with my older brother Zeke, my twin brother Uriah, and our mom Hannah

Today is Zeke's choosing day.

Will he choose Dauntless fearless, undaunted, brave, and his home?

Will he chose Amity They love music, art, games, and laughter, and They give hugs when greeting Ha no way?

Will he chose Candor the Honest, trustworthy, sound leaders, and able to read body language to detect lies, Nah he lies to much.

Will he choose Erudite, not smart enough?

Very unlikely but just maybe abnegation, the selfish.

Now to wake up Uriah how will I wake him today?

"URIAH" I yelled

No response

"Uriah wake up it's Zeke's choosing day," I said

"Five more minutes," Uriah said

"Fine then I will just go eat the piece of Dauntless cake I got for you," I said

"Dauntless cake where" Uriah said

He runs into the kitchen and looks all around.

"You tricked me," he said

My laugh radiates through the loft.

"It wasn't funny you're a bitch  Tris" he replies sticking his tongue out at me.

He picks me up throwing me over his shoulder.

"Put me down" I yelled

"Fine" he replied

"Go change we have to leave soon Tris and Uriah." my mom says

"Okay," Uriah and I said

"Jinks," we said

"Jinks again," I said faster "I win again."

We went up to our room to change, I grab my stuff and go into the bathroom.

I put my hair in a ponytail to get it out of my face and grab my makeup bag and apply concealer, red lipstick, black eye eyeliner, and blush.

I throw on my black extreme ripped skinny jeans, leather jacket, gypsy cami top, and my Nike's.

I curled my hair and put a bow in it. I walked back into my room grabbed my black fringed bag.

I ran downstairs and said, "Let's go."

We jump on the train, heading to the hub. I am so excited for my brother.

We jump off the train and walk into the Hub we use the stairs because why not.

I could see that the confidence that was usually in Zeke's eyes was replaced by nerves. I hope he stays with us.

I went and sat with my mom and Uriah, then the choosing ceremony begins.

"I'm Max leader of the Dauntless faction," max says "and today I'm in charge of the chosing ceremony so let's just get on with it"

I couldn't help but make a small stifled laugh

"Kayla Abernathy," he said

She ended up choosing candor, this is going to take forever.

Time Lapse

"Tobias Eaton," Max announces

A stiff walks up to the bowls, grabs a knife with a look of confidence on his face, and cuts his hand. As the blood drips from the boy's hand I hear a sizzle. Shocked, we cheered for him. He found his seat I looked closer He's sort of cute.

Time Lapse

"Zeke Pedrad," Max said

My brother walks up to the bowls taking the knife from Max. I had butterflies thinking to myself Dauntless please chose Dauntless. I hear a sizzle and I relax and let out a sigh of relief.

"Dauntless" I whisper

Zeke POV

I just chose dauntless I've never seen my sister so happy and I ran up to sit with the stiff I don't remember his name I sat down next to him.

"Sup," I said to the boy

"Hello" he replied

"Welcome to Dauntless," I said

A.N.

Hey, everyone, It's Grace I hope you enjoyed the first chapter the picture above is tris's outfit from this chapter