Chapter 2~•Buoyant Spirits

Chapter 2:~• Buoyant Spirits

" Our shouting is louder than our actions,Our swords are taller than us.This is our tragedy.In short,We wear the cape of civilisation But our souls live in the stone age."

Nizar Qabbani

************

"We are going to Shikla for my brother's wedding shopping, do you want to come with us"?Eisha tapped the flat end of her stick on the huge rock they were sitting on and looked at Hera.It was break time and like always instead of sitting in the class Hera and Eisha moved out to their favourite spot at the back side of the school.Her brother's wedding was fixed with a girl from the neighbourhood town,Shikla.The wedding was scheduled to take place after two months but the preparations were started from now only. Though the nikah was going to be a simple ceremony but the reception,which is thrown by the groom's side was planned to be a lavish affair. A grand hotel was booked in the city and professional event planners were organising the whole function. Eisha was full of the joys of the spring at the moment, coming from a rich family she had seen a different life than that of Hera's.The marking was either less or none to the struggles in her life but inspite of all the luxuries she never boasted about it,in fact her background too was very humble.

"You are on cloud nine on your brother's wedding I am wondering what you will be like on your own wedding".Hera enthused.

"Must you say something to spoil my mood and why don't you bring back some knowledge from your memory, if you have any".

"What do you want me to recall".
Hera was sure getting in her hair.

" You know I will never marry".She said with a displeased look.

"Girls who say like that are the first one to get married."

"Then you must be the topper in the list of those girls".

" I never said that I don't want to get married at all.I will marry when the time comes and it's going to be after I am done with my higher studies".

"And I hope that's just few months away,when you are a senior school graduate".With that she said ameen with a loud voice enjoying the annoyance that she was causing to Hera.

She knew Hera was not that sort of a girl who would easily give up to the circumstances. She had dreams to make her own identity in the society,She wanted to move into the city with her mother and earn her living. She was determined to work in the city and exempt her mother from the worry of earning money,this ambition of her always motivated her to work hard in her studies and remain among the top three position holders. But her biggest concern was to find a way to continue her studies,there was no college or university in the town and for further education boys were sent to the city. Most of the girls were made to cease their education after senior school. No one went to college or university, not even from the rich class of the town. The way ahead to reach her goal seemed to have so many bumps but she was determined to meet them all if that's how it was meant to be. Her mother had given the young years of her life to make Hera's life though Hera could never pay her back,not even an ounce of it but she still wanted to give her a good life and desired for a free-living life for herself.

No one knew what her head was planning about her future except Eisha,whom she had once talked about it nonchalantly while having a conversation. She was scared to let her mother know about it. She was scared to discuss her future,she was scared that her mother might not like any idea of her,she was scared that her mother's response might give her a dead end because the chances of her going to a city for gaining education were from slim to nil. Every day she prepared herself to talk her mother into it but whenever the moment came it seemed like her tongue turned into a heavy stone,not able to move at all.But it was now getting hard to put it on hold as the time to make a decision was drawing near.

Broken To Become Stronger जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें