The child of healing part 2

The dog-eagle
We are now back at Florence.
Within the workshop of Blaise and his two apprentices.
At first glance, the workshop with one word, was messy.
There were as many sculptures, paintings as there were books.
Which was odd, considering that up stairs where everyone slept, was clean unlike the workshop, but as they say, a busy mind, likes a messy environment.
Blaise was the one who read all the books, while Toby and Ambrosius were the ones making art and sculptures.
Toby liked painting and Ambrosius liked making sculptures.
The atmosphere in the workshop was almost magical.
Not a word was spoken.
All that could be heard was the sound of a page being flipped, a brush on paper and a hammer and chisel striking marble.
Blaise was sitting in his chair, reading a book.
Blaise looked over at what Toby was painting.
Blaise put his book away and then walked over to Toby.
" It looks almost done, what is it? " said Blaise curious.
" I call it: The calm before the battle. It shows Pleistarchus preparing himself and his men of 300 against the turks " said Toby rather excited.
" Ah, and I see that you are using Michelangelo's statue of David as reference, clever idea using a sculpture for a painting " said Blaise while patting Toby on the head.
Blaise then walked over to Ambrosius, who was hard at work with his sculpture.
" And may I ask what you are making? " said Blaise.
" I will tell you when it is finished " said Ambrosius with a smile.
Blaise also smiled and said
" Fair enough "
Blaise walked back and sat in his chair.
Blaise looked at his two talented apprentices with his light blue eyes.
Blaise now had a smile on his face, a smile which only a old man like Blaise could make, smile filled with excitement and pride over his two adopted sons.
The old man went back to read his book.

Toby took a break from painting and wanted to take a walk through the beautiful city that was Florence.
The climate in Florence was always perfect, the weather was neither too hot nor too cold, it was always just right.
The sun was shining down on Toby's blonde hair, the light also made Toby's bottle green eyes shine a bit.
Toby just exhaled through his nose at how peaceful everything was.
The calming wind and the warm faces of the people.
And the smell of fresh bread.
Truly, this was what it meant to be alive.
But, the blissful moment was interrupted by a certain squirrel saying
" Look up in the sky " said Ratatoskr.
Toby looked and said
" What is it? "
" Is it a dog? " said Tyche.
" Is it an eagle? " said Hecate.
" No, it is an DOG-EAGLE! " said Ratatoskr.
But Toby was still confused.
" Oh I see now, the creature is known as Glasya-Labolas, a President of hell " said Hecate.
Glasya-Labolas had the body of a dog and the wings of an eagle.
" But what would a President of hell be doing here? " said Toby concerned.
Toby then noticed that Glasya-Labolas was flying over a certain man, who looked like he had lost the will to live.
The man kept on walking to places where there were fewer and fewer people.
Toby now gave chase to the man.
After having walked for awhile.
The man was now alone at an alleyway with Glasya-Labolas over his head.
Toby hide so that he could not be seen.
The man mumbled something to himself.
The man then started to cry.
The man then took out a knife from his pocket.
The man then held the knife to his throat.
" No! Why would he do something like that " said Toby.
" It may not be his fault, for you see, Glasya-Labolas is known for making people kill themselves " said Hecate.
" We must do something! " said Toby.
" Don't worry. I can help " said Hecate with confidence.
Toby now looked up at Glasya-Labolas.
From behind Glasya-Labolas opened a portal, from out that portal came the massive head of a dragon.
The tiny dog-eagle just looked in horror at the massive head of the dragon.
The dragon then ate Glasya-Labolas whole.
The dragon head return back into the portal, the portal then closed.
" You did Hecate " said Tyche.
" Not exactly. It is true that I destroyed Glasya-Labolas, but the King of hell can easily bring back the dog-eagle " said Hecate.
" Odd. The man still looks like he wants to die... " said Ratatoskr.
Toby said nothing, Toby instead just walked towards the man.
The man was sitting on a box with the knife at his throat.
All the man saw, was the cold ground.
" Hello there "
The man looked up and saw Toby.
The man immediately put away his knife and wiped away his tears.
" Hello, can I help you or something? " said the man.
" No, but I can maybe help you. May I know your name? " said Toby with a smile.
The man just looked at Toby.
" My name is James "
" Hi James, my name is Toby "
James just looked at the kid and the more he looked, the more he felt hope within his heart and soul.
" How can you help me? " said James.
" Well " said Toby as he sat down next to James
" I can just listen " said Toby with a smile.
James felt even more hope within his heart.
" Uhm, okay. I am an artist, or more like a struggling artist. I have not been able to find any patrons who would hire me. All of them keep on hiring Michelangelo or Leonardo da Vinci.... nobody wants to give me a chance... " said James, losing the little hope that Toby gave him.
Toby just looked at James with understanding in his eyes.
" I am sure that if you keep on trying, that there will eventually be someone who wants to hire you " said Toby.
" You may be right, but I don't have the money to buy the necessary equipment... " said James.
" So, what you are saying, is that you lack money " said Toby.
Hecate then made a small sack appear from out of thin air.
" Here, you can have these " said Toby handing over the small sack to James.
James took the sack and opened it, and what James saw, made him cry, tears of joy.
The small sack was filled with money.
James looked at Toby, and Toby was just smiling.
" I...... I can't take this " said James.
Toby thought about it for a moment.
Toby then said
" Then how about this, some of the money is me hiring you for the future. The rest is a tip " said Toby with a smile filled with hope.
The tears in James eyes would not stop.
" Okay..... till the day you hire me, I shall in the meantime have made many paintings, till the day comes where I can make one for you " said James.
Toby and James then hugged each other.