And so they meet?

It was raining heavily! A storm was brewing not just the rainy kind. Something else was about to happen. Something big. She was speed walking on the sidewalk, slumped over her phone as she paced around waiting for her ride. Looking up every few seconds. Her heels clicked and splashed around in the rain. She forgot her umbrella. It was just her luck! If she didn't forget it then maybe the story would have been different. Maybe it wouldn't have even been a story.

She peered down at her phone for the last time before realizing her ride was there. She skipped over to the small white car, and pulled the handle. The door opened to her relief, she shuffled her bags in before getting inside herself closing the car door behind her.

"Oh thank God", she said under her breath! Happy just to be out of the rain. "Isabella?" The driver asked. "Yes! That's me" she said with a smile. He glanced at her in the rearview mirror, returning the smile. "Some weather we're having, huh?" Isabella sighed "tell me about it!" She rolled her eyes playfully. They engaged in small talk for the rest of the ride.

As the ride came to an end she noticed she wasn't in front of her apartment, and worse it was still raining. The driver pulled over allowing her to get out. She was confused. "Well here you are ma'am." She pulled her phone out only to realize she put the wrong address in. And just like the forgotten umbrella, this also contributed to the story. "Okay, thank you sir" she said exiting the car while grabbing her bags. She stepped out of the car looking around as to where she was. The car drove off. It wasn't too long before dark. She looked around towards the signs. She figured she wasn't to far from home.

She started on her way to what she thought was the right direction. Her heels clicked and clicked against the stone and puddles. She had been walking for twenty minutes. Had she just been a little more brave, and a little less shy just to tell the driver the proper address she would have been peacefully sleeping in her bed by now. Then it hit her, she looked through her bags trying to find her phone. She looked, and looked growing frantic. She sat her bags on a dark green bus bench, with an advertisement on it. Tears started to pour down her face, she figured she left it in the car.

But in her clothing bags she found a hat she had purchased earlier that evening. She pulled the tag off and put it on throwing the tag back in the black paper bag. This hat kept the rain out of her face. She started back on her wrong path. Making turns, circles, and squares! She was lost and she finally excepted it. She started shaking, she was lost, scared, it was raining, and it was dark.

She heard leather loafers tap on the stone just like hers. She moved her hands away from her eyes and sniffed back the tears she looked up to see a tall masked man, in all black, wearing a hat, a wig, and a mask. He held a black umbrella over his head which made her jealous for a moment. She backed up. She threw her bags and wallet down. "Take it! Take it! Please don't hurt me" she said back pressed against a wall. Her night really couldn't get any worse. "Love I don't want your money! Are you okay, my dear?" He has a strong English accent.

The way he spoke was so genuine it made her feel like she could trust him. She might be shy but she isn't stupid as to trust someone just because of the way they talk. She answered his question, "no. I am not okay". It didn't take a lot to make poor Isabella cry. She was soft. Even just admitting she was upset was enough to make her cry harder. The masked man stepped forward, "do you need help?" He asked. "Yes, I am so lost. And it's late. And I am scared." She spoke out. Her words had an effect on the man. She couldn't see it in his face, but in his posture. His back bent making them closer in height. He stepped forward, but still respected her personal space. "Are you hungry? Or thirsty, dear?" She was feeling queasy, food would probably have made her vomit, she was too nervous.

"I am not really hungry" she played with her fingers. "But I am a little thirsty." He welcomed her under is umbrella before he spoke, "I know a twenty-four-seven diner around here. We could get out of the rain, and calm down for a bit." Isabella stepped under his umbrella putting a little trust in him. "Yes, I would like that!" Her tears went away as they started walking in the right direction of the diner.

"If you would like I could hold some of your bags for you." She shook her head and said, "don't worry about it, I got it!" She thought he was nice but she wasn't the trusting type. "Umm... what is your name?" She asked. "V" he said. "Oh, sounds Irish" she joked. She didn't know it but he smiled. "I love your sarcasm" he said. Isabella was just glad he found her joke amusing. She didn't like awkward situations like that. "Thank you!" She grinned. She thought her questions were a bit pointless to ask to a man who clearly didn't want be known. So they just walked silently to the restaurant. But it was comfortable silence.

The place resembled some sort of nineteen fifties restaurant. It was kind of nostalgic to her despite being a gen z baby at the age of twenty. It was a weird feeling. V opened the door for her saying "here you go, my dear!" As they both walked in.

A/N this is inspired by PeppersAndRomance who gave me the great idea of giving V the love he deserved! That movie made me really sad because the never got a real kiss 🥺