Chapter 3: James

I've just got to take the time in this chapter author's note to give you all a MASSIVE thank you. I'm recieving such positive feedback! It's great, thanks!

So keep on commenting, voting and fanning! I love all of you for it! :)

Pic of Kingsley ----------------->

_______________________________________________________

James

James silently laughed as Jez fumed behind him. She was definitely a feisty one. He could tell she was going to be a challenge. He liked her already.

His plan had been perfect, devised in only three seconds. He had to use his smarts more often.

“Okay, let’s get down to business.” Mr. Grady started. “First, let's have everyone introduce themselves for Mr. Carter here.”

He pointed to a fickle looking red-head, in the in the front of the first row. “Why don't you start?”

The girl stood up, her red curls bobbing around her shoulders. “Hi, I'm Jenna Brooks,” she said in a very flighty voice.

The boy behind her stood up. He had black hair like James and sea green eyes. He was tall, about 6’3.

“I'm Kingsley Miller,” he said.

“Oh, you're my new roommate,” James said.

“Actually, you are my new roommate,” Kingsley said, his jacket ruffling as he sat back down in his seat.

“Sure,” James said nonchalantly.

Behind Kingsley was a younger, passive-looking boy who was shy and sensitive. Not to mention short. His eyes were almost hidden by his chestnut hair. He stood up and adjusted the glasses he wore. “I...I'm Clive McCormick.” Then he shot back into his seat.

Clive McCormick. What a name!

Mr. Grady chuckled.

The last person in that row was a blonde haired boy with blue eyes. “Morgan Curtis,” he said. There was something about this guy that unseated James a little. “Not that it's any of your business.”

“Watch it Curtis,” James sneered. 

Morgan laughed. “What are you gonna do, kiss me?”

“The only thing I could learn from lip contact with you is Stupidity,” James growled.

Everyone laughed. That wiped the smile right off his face. He began to rise.

“That is enough, boys,” Mr. Grady said forcefully.

James and Morgan stared into each other’s eyes. Then slowly, Morgan sat back down—although he sent dagger eyes at James the rest of class. First day of school and James already knew who his enemy was.

“Okay, continue.” said Mr. Grady.

The next person was a closed-off looking girl. She had long, wavy, black hair and hazel eyes, but her eyes were full of sadness. There was an emptiness that wouldn't go away. “Jade Martin,” she said without standing, and resumed her faraway look.

The next boy was average height with flaming red hair and a lot of freckles. He reminded James a lot of Ron Weasley. “I'm Axel Folan. It's nice to meet you.”

James nodded his head in the universal sign of acknowledgment for men.

After him were three more people: a dirty blonde named Zoey Fawcett, a black-haired boy with spiky hair, Felix Anderson, and a brown-haired guy named Fox Baker.

The next row contained Amber Klause—who when stood up, not only introduced herself but called James “gorgeous” too, which he didn't mind 'cause he knew it was true—Austin Banks, Maddox Dunkle, and his twin brother, Ward Dunkle—aka the Dunkle brothers.

Sitting in the last row, all by themselves were James and Jez. When it came time for Jez to introduce herself, she didn't even stand up, she just simply said “Jez Parker”, with a large emphasis on Jez, and went back to sulking, her beautiful violet eyes, sparkly and dangerous.

James laughed.

“Okay, very well. Now let's get started.”